Particle / powder properties and characterization
A detailed understanding of particle and powder properties is key to the successful development of solid and suspension dosage forms, from tablets and capsules to inhalation products. Particle size, morphology, surface area, and bulk properties will influence everything from flowability and processability, to dissolution performance, product delivery, and ultimately, bioavailability.
Our comprehensive suite of particle and powder characterization equipment enables you to understand the properties of your material and develop the optimum product.
We offer a range of high end materials characterization techniques including optical imaging, laser diffraction and light scattering, along with solid-state characterization, to understand your particle properties.
Our service offering encompasses everything from bespoke characterization packages to one-off, niche testing, and includes method development, pre-validation, validation, method transfer and QC testing, plus storage stability.
The package can include: particle shape and size distribution, specific surface area and porosity, moisture, solvent or volatiles content, dissolution and solubility, solution stability, moisture stability (DVS), thermal properties (DSC, TGA), crystallinity / amorphicity and polymorphism (XRPD), morphology and association (optical and electron microscopy).
Particles from the nanometre range up to 3 mm and bigger can be analyzed, including sample types such as pure API, excipients, dry powder blends, formulations, and finished dosage forms.
- Size distribution of from sub-nanometre to several micrometers in diameter, using Dynamic Light Scattering
- Particle mobility and charge (Zeta potential) analysis of particles in suspension e.g. to improve formulation stability and shelf life
- Nanoparticle Tracking Analysis (NTA) to characterize nanoparticles from 10nm - 1000nm in solution, with high throughput sample assistant
- Size distribution of particles in the micrometer range (and more) using Laser Diffraction; wide range of wet and dry dispersing units (Hydro S, SM, SV, MV, Aero S and Scirocco)
- Size distribution of dry powder samples using laser diffraction (Sympatec HELOS / RODOS with VIBRI and ASIPROS dispersers, wide range of lenses)
- Particle size and shape analysis using optical imaging, plus morphologically directed Raman spectroscopy (MDRS), providing size and shape analysis for specific particles within a complex formulation or product
- Sample preparation from dry powder and metered dose inhalers for size and shape analysis, plus uHPLC (NGI)
- Spray particle and spray droplet analysis from dry powder and metered dose inhalers, plus nasal sprays and aerosols
- Moisture Content by dynamic vapor sorption (DVS)
- Electron microscopy plus elemental analysis (SEM, SEM-EDX)
- Light obscuration particle counting for the determination of sub-visible particles and foreign particulate matter (APPS 2000)
- Solid state characterization by Powder X-Ray Diffraction
- Spectroscopy techniques
- Thermal properties
- BET Specific Surface Area and Porosity
O sistema de espalhamento de luz mais avançado do mundo
Otimizado para fluorescência.
Fornecendo os dados necessários para resultados confiáveis
Análise rápida e automatizada do tamanho e formato de partículas
Medição de tamanho de partícula de spray e de gota de spray.