X-ray diffraction has undoubtedly been integral towards materials science research. We want to gather the XRD community to share knowledge and gain ideas on how to improve materials research. As a part of ongoing series of Malvern Panalytical’s XRD workshops across the Asia Pacific region, we have invited our leading specialists from our supply center in the Netherlands, Dr Thomas Deagen, who is the software developer for our HighScore Plus as well as Dr Detlef Beckers, Lead Scientist XRD to share their knowledge.
Interested to learn more about XRD applications and the latest analytical solutions?
Malvern Panalytical is a proud platinum sponsor at AXAA 2020, which would be hosted at Bond University from 29 April till 1 May. Look forward to an interactive line up of analytical solutions from XRD, elemental analysis using XRF, fusion sample preparations, particle size distribution analysis. For more information, click here.
Interested in more data analysis and interpretation workshops? Join our pre-AXAA workshops
- 27 - 28 Apr: Better XRD data quality and results interpretation workshop at Bond University, Queensland. Register here
Dr Thomas Degen, senior scientist at Malvern Panalytical’s supply center in the Netherlands
Dr Thomas Degen is part of the development team for Malvern Panalytical’s X-ray diffraction software – HighScore and HighScore Plus. These softwares are used in various industrial and academia research for the purpose of phase identification, quantification, refinement and much more. Dr Degen has a Ph.D. in the field of solid state chemistry at the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Bonn, Germany. His research is mainly focused on algorithms and computing in the field of X-ray powder diffraction. He has more than 20 years of experience in analyzing XRPD data. As part of his work, Dr Degen often travels to conduct XRD data analysis workshops and training. He is the lead chairperson conducting Australia’s advanced HighScore XRD analysis workshops. Click here for course information.
Secure your seat for $50 and benefit from our 2-day interactive learning workshop
- Receive a FREE HighScore software license and tutorials to practice
- Learn the basics of powder XRD
- Pick up tips on how to properly prepare your samples, ensure optimized measurement conditions and good data quality
- Learn how to perform phase ID using HighScore software
- Gain confidence in advanced XRD analysis using Rietveld Refinement
- Learn about analysis of amorphous materials using Pair Distribution Function method
- Learn about accurate bulk chemical analysis using X-ray fluorescence