Malvern Panalytical is pleased to offer a 3 day in person course, based on lectures and demonstrations on the theoretical aspects of X-ray fluorescence analysis using Omnian. This course is intended for users familiar with the operation of the SuperQ software, but want an in-depth understanding of the Omnian standardless analysis option. Emphasis is placed on setting up and optimizing Omnian processing parameters, adding standards (tagging), calibration, adding channels and daily use of Omnian. Theoretical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, sample preparation and routine measurements, calibration, tagging, adding channels, monitor correction, and assessment of measurement results are treated in detail. The course is composed of lectures and demonstration sessions using the Zetium spectrometers available in our application laboratory in Westborough MA, USA.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
- Theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
- Omnian analysis
- Omnian application setup
- Calibration, Matrix effect and Sources of errors
- Performing measurements
- Drift monitors, their implementation and practical use
- Adding standards to Omnian (tagging)
- Adding channels to Omnian to improve sensitivity
- Sample preparation of fused beads, pressed pellets, loose powders and liquids
This is a 3 day (Tuesday 18, Wednesday 19, Thursday 20) paid course: the rate is $720 per participant per day, currently we are offering a 50% discount to Academic and Government. To pay with a purchase order or if you have a training course voucher please email voucher directly to us here to be redeemed towards the course.
Course registration will close on October 11th or as soon as the class is full. Don't wait, register early, seats are limited and fill up fast.
Complimentary breakfast snack and lunch will be provided. The customer is responsible for all other costs of hotel, transportation, and additional meals outside of what is provided.
- Course trainer will communicate the agenda and a pdf copy of course materials will be provided
- This course is intended to be very interactive
- Your technical questions are welcomed and encouraged
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. Please note, this is an in-person course located at our US office headquarters and will be provided in English. Malvern Panalytical, 2400 Computer Dr., Suite 2100, Westborough, MA 01581. All payments must be made in USD. Recordings of the sessions are not provided nor allowed. Pricing is subject to change.