- Process Project Engineer (Automation)
- Malvern Panalytical has an opportunity for a Process Project Engineer (Automation) to join a dynamic team of engineers and scientists supporting customers’ automation and process projects. The purpose of the role is to provide rapid, innovative, high quality project engineering and software engineering support to customers and the Malvern Panalytical Process team.
- Malvern, UK
About this position
Malvern Panalytical designs, manufactures, markets and supports advanced analytical instrumentation worldwide, across many industries, for the characterization of a wide variety of materials, producing instruments that deliver industrially relevant data for our customers.
Malvern Panalytical is proud to create an environment for its employees in which they can learn, be challenged and reach their maximum potential. We pride ourselves in supporting the continued professional development of all our staff through training and further qualifications. Our strength has always been our people and their dedication to their work.
Malvern Panalytical has an opportunity for a Process Project Engineer (Automation) to join a dynamic team of engineers and scientists supporting customers’ automation and process projects. The purpose of the role is to provide rapid, innovative, high quality project engineering and software engineering support to customers and the Malvern Panalytical Process team. Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager within the Process Engineering group, the role of the Process Project Engineer includes the following key responsibilities:
- Preparing technical proposals for approved customized MPS projects. Working with the technical team, Process Specialists and the client to develop solutions, assess the feasibly and identify risks.
- Working with technical teams and external suppliers to deliver engineering support for customer projects. This may involve the compilation of drawings, reports, project documentation, technical files, validation documents, etc.
- Working with the Operations team to support order fulfilment ensuring required delivery, cost and quality requirements are met.
- Ensuring that systems are appropriately inspected and tested and comply with the appropriate regulatory standards.
- Coordinating the safe installation of the equipment with the client, service teams and installation subcontractors.
- Maintaining comprehensive project records and completing project documentation records.
- Compiling post-project costing for margin analysis and continual improvement reviews.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be qualified to HNC or degree level in an Engineering or computer science related discipline.
- Will have at least 2 years’ experience in an industrial software development environment.
- Will be experienced in Windows programming in C# .Net (experience of other high level programming languages will be considered).
- Project planning experience is essential, preferably backed up with formal project management training.
- Validation experience in the pharmaceutical, hazardous area (ATEX) or similar regulated industries is desirable.
- Practical installation and commissioning experience is required, alongside familiarity with industrial site work.
- Familiarity with enterprise software systems e.g. SAP, Sharepoint, Office 365, and CRM is required.
The position is based in Malvern, Worcestershire, but travel both within the UK and worldwide may be required from time to time.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a talented team within a successful company, with a competitive salary complimented by an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter detailing current salary package email@example.com
Please note that owing to the high number of applications received we will ordinarily only contact you if you are invited to interview. All data is processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Malvern Panalytical is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.