Soil science is the study of the chemical, physical and biological processes that occur in soils. Soil analysis enables the classification of soils into groups based on their physical properties, guiding the use and management of soils.
Malvern Panalytical’s instrumentation enables you to rapidly generate information on particle size, particle shape, zeta potential and rheology, for easy assessment of soil properties across a wide range of applications.
These measurement techniques can be used to:
- Rapidly determine clay, silt and sand fractions to classify soil texture
- Assess the potential uptake of ions within a soil
- Monitor surface charge (e.g. as part of contaminant removal)
- Evaluate particle-to-particle interactions
- Assess particle packing, porosity and permeability
- Evaluate aggregate structures