The 5-day course will be held in the Application Competence Center of Malvern Panalytical (Almelo, The Netherlands), and it will cover the fundamental and practical aspects of X-Ray Powder Diffraction, with emphasis on hands-on on the Empyrean instrument, in conjunction with Data Collector and HighScore Plus software.
This course can be followed-up by registering to the 5-day X-Ray Diffraction Course Part-2: Beyond powders - Analysis of bulk, thin films and nanoparticle samples, which covers advanced methods such as Residual Stress, Grazing Incidence X-Ray Diffraction (GI-XRD), X-Ray Reflectivity (XRR) and Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering (SAXS).
More detailed and advanced training on phase quantification and crystallographic analysis is available in the 3-day Rietveld Refinement Course.
• help you to master the use of your instrument for powder diffraction;
• get the best results out of your instrument in terms of highest data quality;
• effective and reliable data analysis of powder diffraction data, in terms of phase identification and quantification of simple mixtures.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
• new and existing users of Malvern Panalytical X-Ray diffractometers, interested in powder diffraction measurements.
COURSE CONTENT IN DETAIL:
The main aspects covered during the course are the following:
• basic principles of X-ray diffraction;
• hardware components and their function;
• practical aspects of sample preparation;
• practical aspects of data collection, optimization of scan parameters, scan optimization with fluorescent samples;
• set-up of measurement programs in Data Collector, automation possibilities;
• pattern treatment, phase identification, crystallite size analysis and set-up of analysis routines in HighScore software;
• basic introduction to Rietveld refinement with step-by-step instructions in HighScore Plus software (manual mode);
• Transmission vs reflection.
This is a paid course. The course fee includes hotel accommodation, lunches and transport from the hotel to our facility. Please contact your local Malvern Panalytical representative for pricing information, travel and accommodation enquiries.
Minimum number of participants: 3
Maximum number of participants: 12
Registration closing date: 11 0ctober 2021
We reserve the right to cancel the course even after the registration closing date, in case of travel restrictions regarding the covid-19 given by the Dutch government.
Whether you prefer online learning, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the options.
- Measurement type:
- November 01 2021 - November 05 2021
09:00 - 17:00
Western European Time [West Europe]
- Event type:
- Classroom based training
Aeris Research edition
- X-ray Diffraction (XRD)