Fundamental and practical techniques of X-ray fluorescence analysis using sequential wavelength dispersive spectrometers (Zetium, Axios, MagiX, MagiX PRO, PW2404, PW2400, X’Unique, X’Unique II or PW1480) are treated in this course.
Emphasis is placed on the daily use of SuperQ and the Omnian standardless software. Practical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, sample preparation, quantitative analysis, standardless analysis, calibration and calibration update, monitor correction and results analysis are dealt with extensively. The course is composed of lectures and hands-on sessions using the Axios spectrometers available in our Application Competence Center, Almelo, The Netherlands.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Basic theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
• Qualitative & Quantitative analysis
• Application Setup
• Calibration, Matrix effect & Sources of errors
• Omnian standardless analysis
• Drift monitors, their implementation and practical use
• Sample preparation of fused beads, pressed pellets, loose powders and liquids