Specialized XRD application courses on Empyrean and X’Pert3 Powder (X’Pert Pro MPD)
Specialized courses covering a number of XRD applications from phase analysis to reflectometry and epitaxy; from basic principles to data collection and analysis.
The courses are intended for both new and existing users of Empyrean, X’Pert3 Powder and MRD diffractometers, who want to get in-depth training in special applications and the corresponding Software packages. It is strongly recommended for the new users to follow beforehand the X-Ray Powder Diffraction course, or to have a solid background and hands-on experience in XRD before registering for the Specialized XRD application courses.
Several different courses are offered in the same week (of which a maximum of 3 can be followed in one week):
• HighScore / HighScore Plus (3 days)
• Texture analysis using Texture software (1 day)
• Residual stress analysis using Stress software (2 days)
• Reflectometry course (3 days)
• Non-ambient XRD with Anton Paar non-ambient chambers (1 day)
• Small-Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS) (2 days)
• Pair Distribution Function (PDF) (2 days)
• Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-ray Scattering (GISAXS) on Empyrean (2 days)
• Computed Tomography (CT) (2 days)
Each course starts with the introduction to the basic principles behind the corresponding technique, followed by extensive hands-on training on the instrument (Empyrean, X’Pert3 Powder or X’Pert3 MRD) and/or corresponding software module to help you to optimize data collection and analysis procedure specific for your application(s).