Fundamentals and practical techniques of X-ray fluorescence analysis using energy dispersive spectrometers are treated in this 4 day course.
Emphasis is placed on the hands-on training using the spectrometer and its software. Practical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, qualitative and quantitative analysis, calibration, recalibration/drift correction and results analysis are dealt with extensively. The course is composed of lectures and hands-on sessions using the Epsilon 4 range of spectrometers available in our Application Competence Center, Almelo, The Netherlands.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Basic theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
• Qualitative and Quantitative analysis
• Application Setup
• Calibration, Matrix effect and Sources of errors
• Omnian standardless analysis
• Recalibration/drift correction
This is a paid course. The course fee includes hotel accommodation, lunches and transport from the hotel to our facility. Please contact your local Malvern Panalytical representative for pricing information, travel and accommodation enquiries.
Registration closing date: January 20 2020
- Measurement type:
- Elemental analysis
- February 17 2020 - February 20 2020
10:00 - 17:00
(GMT+01:00) Europe Western
- Malvern Panalytical, Lelyweg 1, Almelo, Netherlands
- Event type:
- Classroom based training
- Epsilon 4
- X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)