We reserve the right to cancel the course even after the registration closing date, in case of restrictions regarding the covid-19 given by the local government. Please contact us at email@example.com if you prefer for us to conduct a dedicated event for your company.
Interested to improve and optimize the use of your XRF spectrometer?
Malvern Panalytical is organizing the “XRF in the workplace” training course live in our Perth applications and training laboratory. Serving to provide high-quality training for industry and research professionals, this 5-day course will focus on most facets of XRF spectrometry. It will also include several classroom lectures and hands-on practical sessions on XRF and sample preparation techniques. This course is suitable for all users of XRF, regardless of the brand of your instrumentation. Let’s get you started by learning the basic essentials of XRF!
Can't attend this programme run? Consider attending in May 2021.
- AUD 2,500 excluding GST
Which will include the below:
- Certificate of achievement
- Classroom lectures and hands-on practical
- Course reading material (soft and hard copy)
- ‘XRF in the workplace’ textbook
- Refreshments and lunches (during the course)
- Course dinner
- Measurement type:
- November 15 2021 - November 19 2021
09:00 - 17:00
Western Australia Time [Australia]
- Event type:
- Classroom based training
X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- X-ray physics
- XRF spectrometer components overview
- Look inside an XRF instrument
- X-ray statistics
- Radiation safety
- Selection of WDXRF spectrometer conditions (theory and practical)
- EDXRF Introduction
- Selection of EDXRF spectrometer conditions
- XRF application setup (practical)
- Sample preparation – theory and practicals (solids, liquids, powders, fusion etc)
- XRF calibration and theory
- XRF quality Control
- Introduction to ‘standardless analysis’
- XRF troubleshooting and maintenance
Hari Bhaskar, Applications and Product Manager of Malvern Panalytical Australia
Hari holds a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and has been working with the company for the last 20 years in various capacities - Service, Sales, Application and Product Support. He is currently based in Australia managing the Application business for Australia and provides product support for the countries in the Asia Pacific region. He has worked with customers from various segments including cement, mining, metals, pharmaceuticals, academia, oil and petrol chemicals, service labs and more, providing advice on Malvern Panalytical’s fusion sample preparation, XRF, XRD, CNA solutions for their applications. Hari has sound product knowledge and extensive experience in method development using our X-ray instruments for a wide range of application areas.
Hari is the Course Director for not only “XRF at the workplace”, but also other courses like “SuperQ XRF software” and “HighScore XRD software”. Contact Hari at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dale Parsonage, Applications Chemist at Malvern Panalytical Australia
Dale has qualifications in Chemistry and Minerals Science. With expertise in analytical chemistry and instrumental analysis, he provides support to the region on XRF applications and analysis, as well as sample preparation and associated equipment. Prior to joining Malvern Panalytical, he has worked extensively in mining and mineral beneficiation industries. He also has previous experience in research and development with Murdoch University and in the private sector.
Who should attend?
- Operators of XRF spectrometers, supervisors who wish to get an overview, students who would like to get into XRF related industry work. The course is open to all XRF brands.
What will you learn?
- Professional training and certification for laboratory staff. Improves your reasoning and decision making on routine XRF analysis issues. Gain hands-on exposure to using your spectrometer, learn the full operational process from the theory of XRF, to instrument calibration and sample preparation.
If you found this course interesting, here are other XRF related training courses:
- All cheques should be made out to Spectris Australia Pty Ltd and attached with our confirmation email.
- No course refunds will be given for no shows or participant cancellations
- Should you be unable to attend the intended course, you will be able to postpone your attendance to the next available course date
- We reserve the right to cancel the course even after the registration closing date, in case of restrictions regarding the covid-19 given by the local government. And will work with you on alternative measures with you / your company. Please contact us at email@example.com if you prefer for us to conduct a dedicated event for your company.
Attending from outside Perth?
- Several hotels and motels are available in the CBD, Fremantle, South Perth etc which are within 30 minutes drive radius to the venue. Ample free parking space is available at the venue.