Malvern Panalytical is pleased to offer an online course, based on lectures and demonstrations on the theoretical aspects of X-ray fluorescence analysis using Omnian. This course is intended for users familiar with the operation of the SuperQ software, but want an in-depth understanding of the Omnian standardless analysis option. Emphasis is placed on setting up and optimizing Omnian processing parameters, adding standards (tagging), calibration, adding channels and daily use of Omnian. Theoretical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, sample preparation and routine measurements, calibration, tagging, adding channels, monitor correction, and assessment of measurement results are treated in detail. The course is composed of lectures and demonstration sessions using the Zetium spectrometers available in our application laboratory in Westborough MA, USA.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
• Omnian analysis
• Omnian application setup
• Calibration, Matrix effect and Sources of errors
• Performing measurements
• Drift monitors, their implementation and practical use
• Adding standards to Omnian (tagging)
• Adding channels to Omnian to improve sensitivity
• Sample preparation of fused beads, pressed pellets, loose powders and liquids
This is a paid course: Virtual pricing Standard Industry $400 per day or Academic and Government $200 per day
We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.