Vector analytics masterclass 4/6
Novel vaccine platforms for delivery of nucleic acids based on viral and non-viral vectors, such as recombinant adeno associated viruses (rAAV) and lipid-based nanoparticles (LNPs), hold great promise. However, they cause significant manufacturing and analytical challenges due to their intrinsic structural complexity. One of these challenges is uncovering payload information and how much has been incorporated in the delivery vectors.
There are currently a number of analytical strategies used to measure payload information, which requires the use of reagents and calibrants dependent on the sample being studied. At Malvern Panalytical we have strived to meet these challenges head on to give our customers the best ability possible to characterize and better understand their delivery vectors and the encapsulation of the nucleic acid materials e.g. micro-RNA.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- the use of size exclusion chromatography (SEC) coupled with multi-detection to understand more about the composition of the vector and the loading
- how performing SEC allows you to breakdown the vector to different sized components and quantifies oligomeric, monomeric and fractionated components of a sample
- how the culmination of three detectors used inline calculates how much drug is present in the vaccine and other critical quality attributes.
About this webinar series
This is the fourth webinar in our “Vector Analytics Masterclass” series. Join us as our team of characterization experts takes you on a deep dive into the methodologies you need for successful vector development. They’ll also show you how to generate robust measurement and help you to understand how adopting a holistic approach to generating data will give you greater confidence in your results. Discover more in our Vector Analytics webinar hub.
- Stefan Cairns - Product Technical Specialist Separations
Who should attend?
- Scientists and project leaders working on the design, process and formulation development of viral and non-viral delivery vectors, such as viral particles, lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) and liposomes for drug and vaccine delivery.
What will you learn?
- Understand more about the analytical technologies you can use for LNP vector characterization and understand what the techniques can tell you about your LNP sample
- Learn how to analyze specific characteristics of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Understand the importance of applying orthogonal techniques
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various characterization techniques for the development of LNPs as drug delivery vectors