XRD analysis in automated and regulated environments
Industry is a software package for routine X-ray diffraction analysis in an industrial environment, ranging from non-regulated to fully regulated, and from manually controlled to completely automated systems. Industry software is designed for Malvern Panalytical’s CubiX series of instruments, but can also be used with other diffraction systems (see specifications).
Industry offers a unique scripting facility to customize data collection and calibration line-based quantification methods for any process control application. Button bars can be set up and fully customized for any industrial environment. Result reporting is fully configurable for any LIMS system or in printable reports.
Industry automates production and quality control for our XRD instruments, effectively turning them into fully automatic, remotely controlled laboratories. With the optional Walk-up package, automatic scheduling for multiple-user environments is added to the system, further simplifying workflow. With an optional coupling to our Audit Trail software, Industry can be used in regulated environments.
Custom analysis programs
Analysis programs can incorporate conditional program statements, make calculations using equations and calibrated coefficients, place messages on the status bar, and generate reports. Users can generate their own analysis models and optimize calibrations using their own standards.
Push-button user interface
Industry includes a standard toolbar including most common tasks, facilitating ease of use for the operator. Customer-specific buttons can be added.
Remote control operation
Industry can be controlled from a remote site via an automation network. For this purpose, a simple file transfer protocol is defined. Optionally, you can use Malvern Panalytical's Universal Automation Interface.
Enhanced security mode
Industry has a fully customizable enhanced security mode, for operation in a user environment equipped with the necessary elements (e.g. LIMS system). It is possible to select Enhanced Data Security options individually or irrevocably enable 21 CFR Part 11 supporting mode. GLP labs can take advantage of any number of the security features, such as electronically signing for major actions, maintaining users through the operating system, and saving an audit trail, to protect the use of the software and the security of the data produced.
Version 2.3, running under all versions of Microsoft Windows from XP to Windows 10.
Designed to support
Industry supports gonio-scans, grazing incidence scans and stationary measurements, with point or line detectors. One of the detectors can be a Ca-channel for Potflux measurements, which is read out simultaneously with the XRD detector.
Industry can control the following generations of diffraction systems, and their sample changers:
- PW1710 controlled systems
- PW3710 controlled systems (X'Pert APD)
- X'Pert MPD
- X'Pert PRO MPD
- CubiX XRD
- CubiX PRO
- X’Pert Powder
- X’Pert³ Powder
The delivery includes the modules
- Industry; enabling routine analysis to be set up and performed on Malvern Panalytical X ray diffraction equipment,
- Automatic Processing Program; enabling external analysis programs like HighScore Plus to be called automatically and
- Data Viewer; enabling data viewing, basic comparisons of XRD measurements and conversion.
The Walk-up interface (Industry Operator Interface) and the Audit Trail software are optional modules for the Industry software.
- Industry software is tested to run correctly on Windows 10, Windows XP Professional edition (32-bit) with SP3 and on Windows 7 Professional edition (64-bit).
- The combination of the Industry software with 'Audit Trail' can only run on Windows XP Professional edition (32-bit).
- Internet Explorer version 7.0 or later should be installed on your system for displaying the Help topics.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader or an equivalent PDF file viewer should be installed on your system for displaying the Quick Start Guides and the generated reports in PDF format.
- For handling of large quantities of data 4 GB of RAM is recommended.
The minimal PC configuration to run the software can be found on the Microsoft Internet site:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
A DVD drive is required to install the software.
For measuring data a COM port is required for the communication with the diffractometer and one extra COM port is required if the instrument is equipped with an X’Changer or X’Handler sample changer.