ASD QualitySpec Trek Portable Spectrometer
Portable full-range handheld spectrometer that is fast, accurate, and easy to use
ASD QualitySpec Trek redefines true instrument field-portability while maintaining the highest standards of spectral data quality you expect.
The ASD QualitySpec Trek handheld spectrometer delivers precision full range spectral measurements through a hand-held system designed around a radically streamlined cable-free workflow. With one pull of the trigger this hand-held, full-range, and portable spectrometer delivers accurate spectral results in seconds. By optimizing spectral collection workflow, portability, and ease of use, the ASD QualitySpec Trek saves time in the field and maximizes your research budget investment. There simply is no easier way to collect accurate full-range spectra.
Features and benefits
ASD QualitySpec Trek is a general purpose, all-in-one, full-range, portable spectrometer measuring the visible and shortwave infrared regions (350-2500 nm). The instrument is designed for portable spectroscopy and includes an integrated internal light source, on-board GPS, voice audio recorder for expanded sample descriptions, internal white reference for hands-free optimization and calibration, lightweight rechargeable lithium ion batteries, automated internal wavelength validation, integrated computer and LCD display with easy push button navigation and a PC-based project and data management software ecosystem.
Additional ASD QualitySpec Trek features and benefits:
- Compact and portable: Lightweight yet rugged design allows unprecedented portability in a full-range highly accurate spectrometer.
- Fast and accurate: Enhanced spectrometer configuration builds on the trusted legacy of ASD for unparalled accuracy and performance.
- Cable free: Remove cable management from your data collection workflow with a truly cable-free integrated spectral collection system.
- Integrated computer and LCD: On board computing and LCD display eliminates the need for 3rd party laptops or hand held devices. Simplify your workflow and leave your PDA at home.
- Audio voice recorder: Automate your field notes with the convenience of voice memos. The QualitySpec Trek’s audio voice recorder feature can record useful descriptive information for each data point measured.
- Internal wavelength and white reference capability: On-board internal referencing features ensure instrument performance, high data quality, and liberates the operator from the necessity of frequent white reference measurements.
- On-board GPS: Automatically populate accurate coordinate and elevation data for every measurement.
- Sample clip: Each QualitySpec Trek is shipped with a second magnetic external white reference that serves as a sample clip for scanning thin samples such as parchment, foliage, or fabric.
- Data management: Review and enlarge spectra on the device or on your laptop with the PC Manager. Laptop software allows for easy spectrum, file and project management.
- Multiple languages: QualitySpec Trek is ready to address global markets with fully integrated English, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish language options.
The ASD QualitySpec Trek can be used in many industry applications, including:
ASD systems are used to determine plant physiological status, including disease status, nutritional status related to nitrogen uptake and moisture balance.
Rapid, accurate measurement of constituents and product purity in pharmaceuticals products where and when it’s needed.
Forest Products and Pulp and Paper Analysis
In recent years, the forest products industry has issued an increasing call for process measurement innovation to reduce cost and increase profitability. ASD has answered.
Spectral Remote Sensing
Collection of visible, near infrared, and short-wave infrared images for the detection, identification, and quantification of surface materials, biological, and chemical processes for research and analysis in numerous environmental and military applications.
Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quantitative Chemical Analysis
When you require rapid, accurate measurement of pharmaceutical products, look no further than ASD’s complete line of Vis/NIR spectrometers.
Counterfeit Drug Detection
ASD has a truly mobile pharmaceutical anti-counterfeit solution to help combat this problem—the LabSpec NIR spectrometer.
Quality Control and Raw Material Analysis
Cost-effective rapid, real-time determination of the constituents and purity of raw materials for a multitude of industries.
Diffuse reflectantance spectroscopy has long been a core technology of soil characterization studies.
Plant Breeding Research
Biotechnology utilizes transgenic manipulation to change the genetic make-up of plants.
Grain and Seed Analysis
Proper characterization of grain and seed quality is critically important for germplasm development, grain collection and grain processing.
From the field to the processing plant, agricultural product intended for widespread food consumption must meet numerous international quality standards.
Plastics and Plastic Films
Qualification and quantification of raw material prior to introduction into a production process and analysis of in-process materials and finished products in the industrial plastics industry.
Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements
Cost-effective and non-destructive material inspection and analysis to assist natural product and supplement manufacturers meet new FDA regulations for the standardization and purity of ingredients.
|Spectral Range (nm)||350-2500|
|Spectral Resolution||3 nm @ 700 nm
9.8 nm @ 1400 nm
8.1 nm @ 2100 nm
|Height x Width x Depth||cm: 31 x 10 x 30
in: 12.3 x 4.0 x 11.7
|Weight with battery||2.5 kg
|Weight without battery||2.0 kg
|Languages||English, Spanish, Chinese|