Latest design rheometer sensors provide maximum functionality and advanced system integration for ease of test set-up.
- Quick-connect geometries with intelligent auto-recognition.
- All geometry constants and test set-up preferences automatically configured.
- Tests can be locked-down to use a specific geometry only to minimize operator error.
- Automated geometry lock via software for ease of sample trimming.
- Parallel plates and cone and plate with roughened and serrated surface finish options.
- Interchangeable lower plates as standard feature for optimized geometry set-up and measurement capabilities.
- Highly efficient solvent trap.
- Disposable plate option.
- Coaxial cylinders (cup and bob) to DIN standard.
- Double gap cell and vane tool options.
- Geometry adapter designed to allow custom vane or helical geometries to be used with a Kinexus cartridge.
The measuring system, or geometry, is the link between the rheometer and the sample, and defines the applied shear field.
Various types of geometries are available to enable appropriate rheological measurement capability across a wide range of samples and tests.
Rheometer measuring systems are designed and manufactured to high precision and high tolerance in order to accurately define the applied flow field or material deformation conditions (e.g. shear stress, shear rate, strain) such that robust rheological data is obtained.
If you are unsure as to specifying appropriate measuring systems for your sample type or measurement application, please contact Malvern for further advice and/or a sample test and evaluation report.
- Quick-connect geometries:
- Plug and play; auto-recognition and configuration in software.
- Stainless Steel 316 as standard. Other material options are available e.g. for chemical compatibility – such as Titanium.
- Plate and cone diameter:
- 20mm through to 60mm as standard diameter size range - other options available on request. 4mm, 8mm and 25mm plates specifically designed for Asphalt testing.
- Cone angle:
- 0.5°, 1°, 2° and 4° variants. Other options available on request.
- Interchangeable lower plates:
- Varying diameters & surface finishes (to match upper plate and cone geometries).
- Concentric cylinders:
- C14 (DIN), C25 (DIN), C34 as standard.
- Surface finish options:
- Roughened (sand blasted). Serrated. Splined or grooved (cup and bobs).
- Vane tools:
- C14 and C25 vane tools.
- Disposable option:
- Upper and lower disposable plate options for curing materials.
- Temperature range:
- -40°C to 300°C. (temperature control unit dependent).