Peltier Plate Cartridge
Environmental controller for cone-plate and parallel plate measuring systems.
The Peltier Plate cartridge for the Kinexus rheometer meets the temperature control requirements across the majority of applications from fluids through to soft solids, such as creams, pastes and gels.
Environmental controllers for the Kinexus rheometer are based on a unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge design.
- Cartridge insertion mechanism is quick, easy and robust.
- All mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one action.
- Automatic cartridge recognition and configuration.
- Rapid temperature changes of up to 30°C per minute.
- Extremely stable temperature control using a high accuracy PT100 sensor in close proximity to sample.
- Temperature resolution to 0.01°C.
- Wide range of compatible cone-plate and parallel plate measuring systems available as standard.
- Interchangeable lower plates enable optimal geometry choice for particular samples, whilst maintaining optimum thermal performance.
- Easy to clean design.
- Efficient solvent trap design for accurate measurement of samples with volatile components and to minimize sample drying over long times.
- Disposable plate option for curing materials.
Accurate temperature measurement and control is a fundamental requirement for almost all rheological measurements. The Kinexus rheometer uses easily interchangeable environmental controllers based on a unique cartridge design, to meet temperature control requirements for a variety of complex fluids and soft solid samples.
Peltier-based temperature control units use solid-state thermoelectric Peltier modules as heat pumps, to control the temperature of the sample.
Peltier systems have benefits which make their use advantageous for rheometer temperature control – having high heating and cooling rates, and providing excellent temperature accuracy and stability.
The use of a separate heat exchanger system, to remove excess heat from the Peltier module to maintain its optimum working efficiency, is a general requirement when used for temperature control on a rheometer system.
If you are unsure as to specifying an appropriate temperature and environmental control unit for your sample type or measurement application, please contact Malvern for further advice and/or a sample test and evaluation report.
- Temperature range:
- -40°C to +200°C. For operation below -5ºC a chilled circulating fluid must be used.
- Temperature resolution:
- Temperature stability:
- Better than ±0.1°C.
- Maximum heating rate (temperature range dependent):
- Maximum cooling rate (temperature range dependent):
- Quick-connect cartridge system:
- Plug & play; auto-recognition and configuration in software.
- Interchangeable lower plates:
- Varying diameters & surface finishes e.g. roughened (sand blasted) or serrated.
- Disposable plate option.