Rotational rheometer for routine and Quality Control testing
The Kinexus lab+ is designed to withstand the rigors of a busy Quality Control laboratory, to provide robust and reliable rheological test capabilities. Ease of use is paramount in this environment, and the rSpace software enables Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) driven rheological testing for test protocols that can be used company wide.
The Kinexus lab+ rheometer can be easily configured to meet routine rheological test requirements for dispersions and other complex fluids and soft solids across a wide variety of industry sectors.
- All modes of rheological operation – stress control, shear rate control and direct strain controlled oscillation.
- Unique rSpace software interface that offers total flexibility of test set-up – including sequence-driven Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-type functionality for robust Quality Control measurements.
- Intelligent geometry recognition with full auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to guarantee robust data for all measurements.
- Wide variety of measurement geometries optimized for rheological characterization of complex fluids and soft solids, including dispersions, emulsions, polymer and surfactant solutions, pastes and gels.
- Modular rheometer with unique ‘plug and play’ cartridge system for all temperature and environmental controllers – all mechanical, power, communication and fluid connections made in one simple action.
- Multifunctional accessory design – plate cartridges with interchangeable lower plates for a cost-effective solution addressing the widest application coverage.
- Disposable plate option for curing materials
- Exceptional vertical travel and gapping capabilities offer maximum user access and flexibility for ease of sample loading.
- Complete sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard – because ensuring reliable rheology data for complex non-Newtonian materials actually starts before a measurement takes place.
- Dynamic shear rheometer configuration for routine and QC testing of asphalt binders.
Kinexus is a rotational rheometer system that applies controlled shear deformation to a sample under test, to enable measurement of flow properties (such as shear viscosity from flow tests) and dynamic material properties (such viscoelastic modulus and phase angle from oscillation tests).
A rotational rheometer system comprises several key components to enable robust, reliable and accessible rheological measurements for a particular sample or application:
- Rheometer base unit. Control of key system functions, including torque (for stress control), rotational position change (for strain or rate control), normal force and vertical position change (for sample loading and gap set).
- Measuring system or geometry. The measuring system is the link between the rheometer and the sample, and defines the applied shear field. The type of measuring system must be appropriate to the sample type and the test under consideration.
- Temperature or environmental control unit. Accurate control is essential since rheological properties are a strong function of temperature and environmental conditions.
- Instrument software. Rheological testing can be, by its nature, relatively complex to set up. Malvern Panalytical’s cornerstone Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) approach to material testing has been enhanced in rSpace software to revolutionize and simplify user interaction, and to bring ‘expert system’ guidance and SOP-driven testing to rheological measurements for the first time.