Chemically identifying unknown particles is of great value in a variety of forensic and contaminant applications. One example of this is in the formulation and manufacture of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products, where the presence of inherent, extrinsic or intrinsic particles may affect the efficacy or possibly the safety of a drug.
Direct export of the Raman spectrum of an unknown particle from Malvern’s Morphologi G3-ID software to Bio-Rad’s KnowItAll® ID Expert, with its extensive chemical database, enhances the information gained by Morphologically-Directed Raman Spectroscopy (MDRS).
How it works
1. Within the Morphologi G3-ID software, select particles of interest and view their spectra.
2. Simply right click on any unknown spectrum and export it directly to Bio-Rad’s KnowItAll® ID Expert software.
3. KnowItAll® opens up automatically, performs a rapid database search against over 13,000 reference Raman spectra and presents initial results.
4. Use KnowItAll® to further interrogate the spectrum or print final report.
- Operating system:
- Windows 7, 8, 10 or Vista, with latest Windows updates
- USB port; internet
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor
- KnowItAll® packages include a copy of either KnowItAll® ID Expert software, KnowItAll® Vibrational Spectroscopy Edition or QC Expert Edition, plus a USB security license and 1 year subscription to the KnowItAll® Raman Spectral Library Database