Bench top capillary rheometer for research to QC testing.
Compact system capable of meeting most test requirements encountered in capillary rheometry. Combining many advanced features associated with larger floor-standing models, the Rosand RH2000 system can be configured for research measurements through to Quality Control applications.
The Rosand RH2000 bench top capillary rheometer provides highly flexible measurement capabilities and configuration options for a wide variety of applications - from polymer melts to pharmaceutical processing, and from foodstuffs to inks and coatings.
- Single and twin bore barrel options for cost effective routine measurement capability through to dual measurements for simultaneous assessment of absolute shear viscosity and extensional (elongational) viscosities.
- Maximum drive force (up to 20kN) and maximum speed (up to 1200mm/min) capabilities enable a wide range of shear rates, and correlation with many real material processing conditions.
- Rigid one-piece cantilever frame design providing extreme mechanical strength and stiffness for a compact bench top unit.
- Unique swivel head design gives easy access to the rheometer barrel for sample loading and instrument cleaning.
- Range of optional barrel sizes and barrel materials to permit measurement of thermally-sensitive, chemically-aggressive or aqueous-based samples.
- Wide range of high precision tungsten carbide dies as standard to cover all materials and test types.
- Easily interchangeable melt pressure transducers to cover all test requirements – configured with low noise, triple-stage amplifiers for optimized measurement sensitivity at the die entrance.
- Proprietary bi-modal speed control algorithms to optimize shear rate measurement range for a particular die.
- Precise sample temperature control using three independent zone heaters, with 10 times DIN accuracy platinum resistance thermometers. High temperature (500°C maximum) and cooling coil options also available.
- Nitrogen purge option available to minimize sample degradation.
- Accessories for die swell measurement for evaluation of elastic samples.
- Easy to use Flowmaster software with full range of tests and analyses for shear and extensional viscosity, as well as determining sample stability, wall slip and melt fracture.
The Rosand RH2000 capillary rheometer system enables controlled extrusion (by volumetric flow) of a sample through a high precision die of known dimensions, to characterize material flow properties typically under conditions of high force (or pressure) and/or high shear rate. Using the twin bore barrel option and a ‘zero length’ die configuration allows simultaneous determination of shear viscosity and extensional (elongational) viscosity as a function of shear (or deformation) rate.
A capillary rheometer system comprises several key components to enable robust, reliable and accessible rheological measurements for a particular sample or application:
- Capillary rheometer base unit. Includes the barrel with bore(s) to load the sample – the bore diameter and barrel material must be compatible with the material(s) under test. The base unit also includes a head unit, which has a mechanical connection to the pistons which are used to extrude the sample. Key system functions of drive force and piston speed range are controlled by the base unit.
- Die and pressure transducer combination. The die is mounted at the bottom of the barrel bore, and its dimensions define the applied shear field. A melt pressure transducer is mounted in the barrel to measure the resultant pressure at the die entrance as the material is extruded. The die dimensions and pressure transducer range must be appropriate to the sample type and test under consideration.
- Temperature and/or environmental control options. Accurate control of barrel temperature is essential since rheological properties are a strong function of temperature. For thermally-sensitive materials, thermal equilibrium times and inert test environments are critical considerations to ensure reliable data.
- Instrument software. Rheological testing can be, by its nature, relatively complex to set up. The Rosand Flowmaster software interface is designed for simplicity and ease-of use with intuitive test set-up methodology in conjunction with a ‘live’ instrument graphic at run time reporting all key test and measurement parameters.
If you are unsure as to specifying an appropriate rheometer model for your application, Malvern recommend contacting us for further advice and/or a sample test and evaluation report.
Understanding the application under consideration, and the associated rheological test requirements, is a key factor in selecting the most appropriate rheometer system.
- Number of bores:
- Single bore (RH2100 model). Twin bores (RH2200 model).
- Maximum force:
- 12kN (standard). 20kN (option).
- Frame stiffness:
- Maximum speed:
- 600mm/min (standard). 1200mm/min (high speed option).
- Dynamic range in speed:
- >120,000:1. (240,000:1 with high speed option).
- Speed uncertainty:
- Temperature range:
- Ambient to 400°C (standard). Ambient to 500°C (high temperature option). 5°C to 200°C (low temperature cooling coil option).
- Temperature control range:
- Bore diameter:
- 15mm (standard) 9.5mm; 12mm; 19mm; 24mm (bore options).
- Barrel bore length:
- Barrel material:
- Nitrided steel (standard). Hastelloy; Stainless Steel (barrel options).
- Pressure transducer ranges:
- 30,000psi; 20,000psi; 10,000psi; 5,000psi; 1,500psi; 500psi.
- Tungsten carbide: precision ±5µm.
- Die diameter:
- 0.5mm to 2mm (in 0.5mm increments) and 3mm as standard. (Other diameters, including fine bore dies, available to special order).
- Atmospheric control:
- Nitrogen purge for dry, inert test conditions (option).
Weights and dimensions (base)
- Dimensions (W, D, H):
- Rheometer base unit: 550mm, 650mm, 1100mm Electronics box: 340mm, 530mm, 650mm
- Rheometer base unit: 120kg (without accessories) Electronics box: 30kg
- Single phase AC 230V 50Hz 16A.
- 15°C – 40°C.
- 35% - 80% non-condensing.
The Rosand range of capillary rheometers can be configured with a variety of measurement accessories to cover a range of application requirements.
Protect your investment and ensure optimized performance at all times with Malvern Panalytical's service plans.
When you purchase a Malvern Panalytical product we understand that this is just the first stage of a working relationship that will last for the lifetime of the instrument. Depending on your needs, Malvern Panalytical will provide the support for your business.
- Telephone and email support.
- Operators who take responsibility for your call and ensure your query is answered.
Malvern Panalytical's service options- choose the right plan for you:
Malvern Panalytical Platinum Plan
For laboratories where maximizing instrument up-time is critical to its daily performance. Our highest level of response and the 'all inclusive' price plan takes care of those unexpected repair bills should the unfortunate occur.
Malvern Panalytical Gold Plan
Enhance your laboratory productivity by maintaining instrument efficiency. Still receive that priority response, combined with specialist technical and software support, we'll keep your instrument performance on track to deliver.
Malvern Panalytical Bronze Visit
For laboratories looking to optimize instrument performance, regular preventative maintenance is essential.
|Platinum Plan||Gold Plan||Bronze Visit|
|Annual PM/PV Test|
|Telephone / Email Support|
|Emergency Breakdown visits*|
|Technical & Software Support|
*including labour & travel costs***available at an additional cost