X'Pert³ MRD XL
Versatile materials research diffraction system
The long and successful history of Malvern Panalytical's Materials Research Diffractometers (MRD) continues with the generation of X’Pert³ MRD XL. The improved performance and reliability of the new platform have added more analytical capability and power for X-ray scattering studies in:
• advanced materials science
• scientific and industrial thin film technology
• metrological characterization in semiconductor process development
The X’Pert³ MRD XL handles wide range of applications with full wafer mapping up to 200 mm.
X'Pert³ Extended MRD (XL)
The X'Pert³ Extended MRD (XL) brings increased versatility to the range of X'Pert³ MRD systems. An extra PreFIX mounting platform allows mounting of an X-ray mirror and a high-resolution monochromator in-line, increasing significantly the intensity of the incident beam.
One can benefit from increased application versatility without compromise on data quality, high-resolution X-ray diffraction with high intensities, shorter measurement times for measurements such as reciprocal space mapping and rebuild from standard to extended configuration in minutes thanks to the PreFIX concept. With the 2nd generation PreFIX, reconfiguring is easy and optics positioning is more accurate than ever.
X'Pert³ MRD (XL) In-plane
With the X'Pert³ MRD (XL) system for in-plane diffraction, it becomes possible to measure diffraction from lattice planes that are perpendicular to the sample surface.
Standard and in-plane geometries on one system and a wide range of diffraction experiments on polycrystalline and highly perfect thin films, are just two of many benefits.
Future-proof system flexibility
The X'Pert³ MRD systems offer advanced and innovative X-ray diffraction solutions from research to process development and process control. The used technologies make all systems field upgradable to all existing options and new developments in hardware and software to come.
X'Pert³ MRD XL
The first detector to bring 0D-1D-2D and 3D data to your diffractometer
The PIXcel3D is a unique 2D solid-state hybrid pixel detector. Each pixel is 55 microns x 55 microns and the detector array is 255 x 255 pixels. The detector, now based on Medipix3 technology, brings unrivalled signal to noise with its point spread function of one pixel and multiple energy discrimination levels.
Medipix3 technology brings:
• An increase in range of detection energies from Cr to Cu
• Improved energy resolution
• Increased linearity range
• Improved detection efficiency
• Documented (published) radiation hardness studies
Solutions to maximize the return
on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on
the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our Expertise
and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
• Phone and remote support
• Preventive maintenance and checkups
• Flexible Customer Care Agreements
• Performance certificates
• Hardware and software upgrades
• Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
• Sample preparation development/optimization
• Analytical methodologies
• Turnkey solutions for XRD
• Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
• Automation of lab processes
• Consultancy services
• Training on-site or at our competence centers
• Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software
• Expert (XRF) analyses services
• Oxides and trace analysis
• Customized calibration materials