Advance with Confidence
The Zetasizer Pro is a robust and versatile system for the measurement of particle and molecular size and electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential of nanoparticles. It enables size measurements to be performed up to three times quicker, compared to previous models, accelerating sample throughput and freeing up operator and system time for other tasks.
Even novice users will produce the highest-quality measurements, thanks to the intuitive interface and the deep learning empowered data quality advice system that highlights issues and provides advice on how to overcome them.
The Zetasizer Pro incorporates Non-Invasive Back Scatter (NIBS®) technology for the precise measurement of particle and molecular size over an extended concentration range.
The system also provides excellent zeta and electrophoretic mobility measurements using M3-PALS technology. The addition of Constant Current Mode for measuring electrophoretic mobility and zeta potential in high conductivity media reduces the likelihood of errors associated with charge screening at higher ion concentrations.
A wide choice of cuvettes is available for a variety of measurement applications, including disposable and affordable folded capillary cells to enable measurements in very low sample volumes using our patented diffusion barrier method, without direct sample-electrode contact.
The new software suite, ZS Xplorer, is designed to simplify and automate even complex analysis, allowing challenging measurements to be completed without expert knowledge. Its unique sample-centric workflow delivers the ultimate in usability and flexibility, meaning it’s now faster and easier than ever to get from sample input to result output.
The Zetasizer Pro incorporates two technologies in a single compact unit, with a range of options and accessories to optimize and simplify the measurement of different sample types.
Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) is used to measure particle and molecule size. DLS measures the diffusion of particles moving under Brownian motion and converts this to particle size and particle size distribution using the Stokes-Einstein relationship. Non-Invasive Back-Scatter (NIBS) technology is incorporated to give the highest sensitivity within the broadest range of sizes and concentrations.
DLS is a highly flexible sizing method which is rapid, accurate and repeatable. It requires only small volumes of sample for analysis, and is non-destructive. This technique is material-independent and therefore extremely widely applicable.
Electrophoretic Light Scattering (ELS) is used to measure zeta potential. An electric field is applied to a solution of molecules or a dispersion of particles which move with a velocity related to their charge. This velocity is measured using a patented laser interferometric technique called M3-PALS (Phase Analysis Light Scattering). This enables the calculation of electrophoretic mobility, and from this, the zeta potential and zeta potential distribution of a sample.
The use of ELS commonly relates to stability and formulation applications. Particles or molecules with no net charge may bind together, which may be a challenge in systems such as protein formulations which are prone to aggregation. Particles or molecules which have either a net positive or net negative charge will better maintain a distance from one another, creating a stable system. The formulation containing these particles or molecules is very influential on their charge state, and changes to formulation attributes such as pH, additive concentration and ionic concentration can impact product stability and shelf life.
ZS Xplorer Software Suite
The software is designed to be very easy to use, even whilst enabling the rapid construction of complex methods. Information on the sample, its conditions, and the variables to be tested are entered at the beginning of a run, and ZS Xplorer uses this information intelligently to optimize the method for that sample. A deep learning empowered data quality guidance system provides feedback on results and offers clear advice on how data may be improved if required.
The MPT-3 Auto titrator enables study of the effect of changes in pH.
A range of disposable and reusable cells are available to optimize the measurement in terms of sample volume and concentration.
Particle size and molecular size
- Measurement principle:
- Dynamic light scattering (Non- Invasive Back-Scatter - NIBS)Dynamic light scattering (13°, 173°)
- Measurement angle:
- 173°, 13° ¹
- Measurement range:
- Diameter: 0.3 nm - 10 μm ²
- Minimum sample volume:
- 12 μL
- Concentration range:
- Minimum sample concentration ³:NIBS (173°):0.1 mg/mLForward angle (13°):10 mg/mLSide angle (90°):N/AMADLS:N/AMaximum sample concentration ⁴ ⁵:40% w/v
- Measurement principle:
- Mixed-mode measurement, phase analysis light scattering (M3-PALS)
- Size range:
- 3.8 nm – 100 μm (diameter) ²
- Minimum sample volume:
- 20 μL ⁶
- Concentration range:
- 10 mg/mL ³ - 40% w/v ⁴ ⁵
- Sample conductivity range:
- Maximum: 260 mS/cmAccuracy: ± 10%
- Avalanche photodiode
- Temperature control range:
- 0°C - 120°C ⁷
- Dimensions (W, D, H):
- 322 mm x 565 mm x 245 mm
- 19 kg
- AC 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz, 4.0 A
- Power consumption:
- Max. 100 W, 45 W typical
- Ambient conditions:
- +10°C to +35°C (+50°F to +95°F) 35% - 80% RH (non-condensing)
- USB 2.0 or higher
- 1. Water as sample dispersant;2. Peak mode range (diameter) 0.6 nm - 10 μm; sample & sample preparation dependent;3. Measured using 15 kDa protein;4. Sample-dependent;5. Measured using bile acid;6. Using diffusion barrier method;7. Temperature accuracy 0.1°C at 25°C, 0.2°C at 0°C, 0.5°C at 90°C, 2.5°C at 120°C
Viscosity measurement with speed, simplicity and accuracy.
The SV-10 measures viscosity with the accuracy required for dynamic light scattering, for the conversion of diffusion speed to size, and electrophoretic mobility to zeta potential, in an extremely simple and rapid system.
Cell & cuvette options
Eliminate sample cross contamination between zeta potential measurements using a completely disposable cell.
The zeta potential of colloids and molecules is extremely sensitive to contamination from components of a previous sample used in a measurement cell. The use of a disposable cell completely eliminates this potential contamination issue.
The folded capillary cell provides the benefits of the accuracy of measurement of a capillary cell with the ease of use of a disposable cell.
Although, disposable, including the electrodes, for low conductivity samples each cell can be used for hundreds of measurements if required.
The cell can be used with the autotitrator, where multiple measurements are routinely done over a wide pH range.
Reusable solvent resistant cell.
Save time and effort by measuring zeta potential with little or no dilution.
The high concentration cell enables the measurement of the zeta potential of samples with little or no dilution in any Zetasizer Nano system that measures zeta potential.
The cell has a flow configuration so can be used for stop-flow size and zeta potential measurements using an MPT-2 autotitrator as well as batch measurements.
Low-volume quartz batch cuvette for size and molecular weight measurements.
- Compatible with size and molecular weight measurements with aqueous and non-aqueous solvents and dispersants.
- Minimum sample volume 12 microliters.
- Maximum volume 45 microliters.
Disposable plastic micro cuvette, for size measurement at 173° (NIBS) optics only.
- 100 x 40µL cuvettes with 100 caps to avoid cross contamination.
- Compatible with aqueous samples and a range of other solvents: Acetone, Benzaldehyde, Butanone, Dioxane, DMF, Ethyl acetate, Isopropanol, plus various acids and bases.
- NIBS optics for versatile, high sensitivity, particle and molecular size measurements
- Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS) measures particle and molecule size, from 0.6 nm – 10 µm
- M3-PALS with Constant Current Mode for zeta potential and electrophoretic mobility measurements
- ZS Xplorer software suite for simple and flexible method set-up and data analysis
- Adaptive Correlation for faster, more reproducible sizing measurements with less sample preparation
- Deep Learning empowered data quality system for assessment of any size data quality issues, with clear advice on how to improve results
- Optical filter wheel with fluorescence filter to allow measurement of fluorescent samples without impairing overall system sensitivity. Also includes polarization filters for DDLS measurements.