The Ultimate edition of Zetium
The new element in chemistry
The Ultimate edition, like all Zetium spectrometers, delivers unrivalled analytical performance regardless of the application. Dedicated application modules and solutions can be embedded in SuperQ software and come with templates and reference samples for effortless setup and simple calibration.
Available application and software modules: ADPOL, TOXEL, CEMOXI, WROXI, Oil-Trace, Pro-Trace, NiFeCo, Cu-base, LAS, Stratos and Type Standardization. In addition Malvern Panalytical provides calibration standards for the analysis of RoHS elements and petroleum products.
The Ultimate edition of the Zetium spectrometer represents the most advanced configuration in the Zetium family. The combination of WD and ED core and innovative technologies delivers analytical excellence in every situation, from R&D laboratories to high-throughput production facilities.
The Ultimate edition is pre-configured to deliver unrivaled sensitivity across the periodic table with thin-window, high-power tube technology, laterally curved crystals and unique detector technology, saving time and increasing sample throughput in busy laboratories.
The Ultimate edition also features Omnian, our market-leading standardless analysis module, for the qualitative and quantitative elemental analysis of unknown materials or materials where calibration samples are not readily available. In addition the inclusion of the SumXcore delivers significant advantages for conventional applications, such as reduced analytical times, identification of unexpected elements and spectrum archiving.
Addition of the small spot analysis and mapping option using the ED core allows practical, time-efficient data acquisition. The entire spectrum measured by the ED core at every spot significantly reduces measurement times and allows for standardless quantitative data capture.
Sensitivity and throughput
- High-capacity sample bed with a high-speed sample changer and continuous loading, ideal for high sample throughput
- The 4 kW SST R-mAX50 Rh tube with CHI-BLUE coating delivers superior light-element excitation, without sacrificing robustness
- A combination of flat, curved and multi-layer crystals for enhanced sensitivity across the periodic table provides calibration standards for the analysis of RoHS elements and petroleum products.
Ease of use
- User-friendly software with integrated intelligence for novice and advanced users
- The latest version of our renowned SuperQ software features a new, streamlined user interface, advanced matrix correction algorithms, integration of ED deconvolution and small spot mapping, and integrated intelligence with the Virtual Analyst
- The Omnian standardless analysis software and pre-calibration allows you to analyze unknown materials or materials where no calibration standards are available
- Our entire range of application modules is compatible with the Ultimate edition, some favorites include:
- Stratos - for the qualitative and quantitatve analysis of layered materials, such as semiconductors, without the need for in-type calibration samples
- Pro-Trace delivers unrivalled trace element analysis of up to 44 elements in geological materials, without the need to determine major element concentrations first
- NiFeCo - a special set of samples developed to transfer calibrations based on more than 120 certified reference materials (CRMs) for accurate analysis of special steels, high-temperature alloys and super alloys
Upgrades and packages
Customized solutions to meet your needs:
- Speed & throughput - for faster sample analysis
- Robustness & uptime - for tough environments
- Flexibility - to accomodate sample size variations
- Performance enhancement - for superior sensitivity
|Basic configuration highlights||Performance upgrades||Benefits|
|Pre-calibration of Omnian package||Analysis of a wide variety of sample materials including rocks, ores, metals, plastics and oils|
|Applications of choice||Unique pre-calibration modules or calibration sets to enable accurate elemental analysis of a wide range of sample types, ideal for the metal manufacturer, from process to quality control|
|No-drift SST R-mAX 4 kW X-ray tube, 50 micron window||Maximum uptime for consistent process control combined with ultra-light element enhancement and durability|
|Curved crystals||Up to 30% more intensity in the same measurement time
Shorter measurement time to achieve required limits
|Duplex detector||Enhanced sensitivity and wider dynamic range for transition metals analysis|
|Hi-Per scint||Increased dynamic range for heavy elements (linear up to 3.5 Mcps)
High-precision analysis of Nb and Mo in steels
|SumXcore||Faster results in tandem with the WD functionality and possibility to detect unexpected changes in composition|
|Small spot mapping||Unique compositional mapping functionality attached to the ED screening, for fast and accurate determination of compositional trends and heterogeneities|
Standards (Reference materials)
Fluxes and chemicals
Molds & crucibles
SuperQ software is straightforward and makes Zetium and CubiX spectrometers accessible to administrators and routine operators.
Omnian software enables users to achieve the best possible analysis when dedicated methods or certified standards do not exist.
Pro-Trace is ideal for calculating net intensities in trace element analysis and accurate matrix correction when the total matrix is unknown.
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
- Automation of lab processes
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software
Analytical services and calibration materials
- Expert (XRF) analyses services
- Oxides and trace analysis
- Customized calibration materials