Turnkey solution for accurate elemental analysis for major and minor elements in a wide range of oxide materials
For process control, exploration, exploitation and quality control in industries such as mineral ores, geology, ceramics, bricks, cement and glass, accurate and frequent elemental analysis is essential. This helps optimize processes and assures product quality and consistency.
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectroscopy is an established analytical method for quantifying the elemental composition of oxide materials. XRF has important advantages, such as straightforward sample preparation, accurate and reproducible results and highly automated analysis. These reduce measurement times to a matter of minutes and prevent the need for highly skilled operators.
The WROXI Expertise Program
For accurate analysis, certified standards are essential. The WROXI solution contains a suite of standards produced from high-purity chemicals, allowing for highly accurate and traceable results. The WROXI solution set is suited for a wide range of oxide materials including: silicates, carbonates, phosphates, rocks soils, iron ores, manganese ores, cements etc. The WROXI approach is based on fused beads but can easily serve as reference method to which pressed pellet methods can be validated.
The following elements and concentration ranges are covered:
|Na2O||0 - 58||Mn3O4||0 - 80|
|MgO||0 - 78||Fe2O3||0 - 81|
|Al2O3||0 - 78||NiO||0 -12|
|SiO2||0 - 80||CuO||0 - 8|
|P2O5||0 - 40||ZnO||0 - 10|
|SO3||0 - 59||SrO||0 - 20|
|K2O||0 - 40||ZrO2||0 - 43|
|CaO||0 - 80||BaO||0 - 43|
|TiO2||0 - 40||HfO2||0 - 10|
|V2O5||0 - 10||PbO||0 - 10|
|Cr2O3||0 - 10|
If required, the range of elements and concentrations can be extended to suit your specific needs. In addition to standards, the WROXI solution includes a complete methodology, from sample preparation to quality assurance workflow, to be used in combination with Malvern Panalytical’s WD XRF systems.
- Suite of WROXI calibration samples, drift monitor sample, method setup templates
- 1 kg of flux
- Setup of optimized analysis program and system calibration, enabling best throughput and accurate results
- Setup of method validation and calibration maintenance procedure
- Advice on efficient preparation of samples as fused beads, including preparation recipe for WROXI; the actual bead preparation can be included as option
- User training and documentation
- Preparation of the beads by a Malvern Panalytical specialist using the fusion equipment used for routine analysis
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) for fully automated QA/QC workflows for WD XRF systems*
- Integration of the WROXI solution into your standard operating procedures, including documentation and deployment at one or multiple sites
- Tailoring of the WROXI standards and Application setup for specific materials
- Certify in-house materials for pressed pellet calibrations, using the WROXI approach
- Malvern Panalytical XRF spectrometer: Zetium, Axios or MagiX
- Sample preparation equipment for fused beads
Contact our specialists
* SPC is already included with Zetium systems