Malvern Panalytical is pleased to offer an online course, based on lectures and demonstrations on the theoretical aspects of X-ray fluorescence analysis using the Zetium sequential wavelength dispersive spectrometer. Emphasis is placed on setting up traditional quantitative XRF applications, calibration and daily use of SuperQ. Theoretical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, sample preparation and routine measurements, calibration and calibration update, monitor correction and assessment of measurement results are treated in detail along with practical demonstrations. An introduction to the Omnian standardless software is included.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
- Theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis
- Application Setup
- Calibration, Matrix effect and Sources of errors
- Performing measurements
- Drift monitors, their implementation and practical use
- Introduction to Omnian standardless analysis
- Sample preparation of fused beads, pressed pellets, loose powders and liquids
This is a paid course: Standard Industry $1200 per participant or Academic $600 per participant.
Course registration will close on Sept 13, 2021 or as soon as the class is full. Don't wait, register early, seats are limited and fill up fast. We reserve the right to cancel courses due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.