Zeta Potential Technology
Zeta potential measurement technology can be used in the laboratory for the off-line study and optimization of flocculation/coagulation processes. Advantages relative to traditional techniques include:
- Speed of measurement
- Ease of use
- Reproducibility - not subject to operator-to-operator variability
Furthermore, zeta potential measurement can be implemented online, offering the opportunity for regular monitoring with no manual input, and for automated control. The demonstrated benefits of continuous measurement with an online system are:
- Improved process stability
- The ability to respond rapidly and proactively to changes in raw water and plant conditions
- A reduction in chemical coagulant costs – 15-20% reported by users
- Clear and precise information to guide operator decision making and/or a data stream via OPC, Modbus TCP/IP or 4-20 mA for automated plant control
Download our Water treatment brochure for more details.
"After installing Zetasizer WT, we reduced the cost of producing water by $4.65 per one million gallons. When you produce more than 16,900 million gallons annually, that is quite a savings. Our savings were enough to pay for the Zetasizer within the first year of operation."
American Water/ Tolt Water Treatment Plant in Seattle, WA
Read the Customer Story