Fundamentals and practical techniques of X-ray fluorescence analysis using energy dispersive spectrometers are treated in this 4 day course.
Emphasis is placed on the hands-on training using the spectrometer and its software. Practical aspects of parameter selection, matrix effects, qualitative and quantitative analysis, calibration, recalibration/drift correction and results analysis are dealt with extensively. The course is composed of lectures and hands-on sessions using the Epsilon 4 range of spectrometers available in our Application Competence Center, Almelo, The Netherlands.
The following aspects will be covered during the course:
• Basic theory of X-ray fluorescence and instrumentation
• Qualitative +amp;amp; Quantitative analysis
• Application Setup
• Calibration, Matrix effect +amp;amp; Sources of errors
• Omnian standardless analysis
• Recalibration/drift correction