Date d'enregistrement: November 10 2015
Duration: 29 minutes 52 secondsGel Permeation Chromatography (GPC), also known as Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC), is a very popular analytical toll for characterizing natural and synthetic polymers. The introduction of the first differential Viscometer (Viscotek Model H100) back in the early 1980's provided a quantum leap in structural information available in these GPC analyses. The patented 4-capillary Wheatstone Bridge design remains the best configuration for high sensitivity viscosity measurements which is very important for today's high resolution columns.
Throughout its history, the original H100 was repackaged into many multi-detector instruments and set the standard for the first generation viscometers. In the mid-2000s, the second generation viscometer in our TDA-305 instrument was introduced. Besides the adaptation of modern digital electronics/computation, we also significantly improved the pH range of the device allowing the development of GPC methods as low as pH 2 (e.g., formic acid).
With the introduction of our newest platform, OMNISEC, a third generation viscometer has once again set a very high standard for GPC viscometers. With a self-balancing bridge and user exchangeable capillaries, this latest design is the most advanced viscometer ever made.
This webinar will discuss the utility and benefit of adding a viscometer to your GPC/SEC system. It will also discuss the history and development of the viscometer and demonstrate how the latest design, used in OMNISEC is superior to all others on the market.
Table of contents
2. History and DevelopmentMalvern GPC Viscometers
3. History of Malvern GPC Viscometers
4. The birth of viscometry
5. First Generation Differential Viscometers
6. Second Generation Differential Viscometers
8. GPC of Nylon
9. Nylon Sample DK-1
10. Nylon 6 and 6-6
11. Example GPC Chromatogram of DK-1 in HFIPA
12. Example GPC Chromatogram of DK-1 in 88% FA
13. Comparison of Nylon GPC Data
14. Mark-Houwink Overlay Plots of Nylon Samples in HFIPA
15. Mark-Houwink Overlay Plots of Nylon Samples in 88% FA
16. OMNISEC Platform
17. OMNISEC REVEAL Technology
20. Viscometer technology
23. Viscometer benefits
24. OMNISEC Viscometer benefits
25. Repeatability of 8 overlaid injections of NBS 1478
26. 3-arm PS star overlaid with linear PS
27. Mark-Houwink Comparison of branched polystyrenes
28. Low molecular weight polymers
29. PLGA 50:50 - 8 repeat injections
30. Cellulose derivatives
32. Thanks for listening
33. Thank you for your attentionAny questions?
34. Contact Information