Interested to improve and optimize the use of your XRF spectrometer?
Malvern Panalytical is organizing the “XRF in the workplace” training course from the 15th – 19th October 2018. Serving to provide high-quality training for industry and research professionals, this 5-day course will focus on most facets of XRF spectrometry. It will also include several classroom lectures and hands-on practical sessions on XRF and sample preparation techniques. This course is suitable for all users of XRF, regardless of the brand of your instrumentation.
Let’s get you started by learning the basic essentials of XRF!
Who should attend?
Operators of XRF spectrometers, supervisors who wish to get an overview, students who would like to get into XRF related industry work. The course is open to all XRF brands.
What will you learn?
Professional training and certification for laboratory staff. Improves your reasoning and decision making on routine XRF analysis issues. Gain hands-on exposure to using your spectrometer, learn the full operational process from the theory of XRF, to instrument calibration and sample preparation.
• X-ray physics
• XRF spectrometer components overview
• Look inside an XRF instrument
• X-ray statistics
• Radiation safety
• Selection of WDXRF spectrometer conditions (theory and practical)
• EDXRF Introduction
• Selection of EDXRF spectrometer conditions
• XRF application setup (practical)
• Sample preparation – theory and practicals (solids, liquids, powders, fusion etc)
• XRF calibration and theory
• XRF quality Control
• Introduction to ‘standardless analysis’
• XRF troubleshooting and maintenance
Course director: Led by Hari Bhaskar, Applications Specialist with Malvern Panalytical and Dr Ken Turner, founder of “XRF at the workplace” training course and Consultant at Ken Turner Consulting.
Accommodation: Several hotels and motels are available in the CBD, Fremantle, South Perth etc which are within 30 minutes drive radius to the venue. Ample free parking space is available at the venue.
• Usual price: AUD 4,200 excluding GST
Price promotions (Only 1 promotion type applies for each organization)
• Early bird (before 31st August 2018): AUD3,700 excluding GST
• Group discount (Usual price per person): 15% off total price for 2 or more persons from the same organisation
Which will include the below:
• Certificate of achievement
• Class room lectures and hands-on practical
• Course reading material (soft and hard copy)
• ‘XRF in the workplace’ text book
• Refreshments and lunches (during the course)
• Course dinner
All cheques should be made out to Spectris Australia Pty Ltd and attached with our confirmation email.
*Travel and other costs associated with living in Perth during the course will be borne by the course participant.
• No course refunds will be given for no shows or participant cancellations
• Should you be unable to attend the intended course, you will be able to postpone your attendance to the next available course date