Daily/After every run
- Run at least one of the cleaning methods after every run to clean the DSC cells. Set up cleaning by clicking the Advanced tab on the left hand side of the Autosampler setup box. Select the Sample Parameters tab and check the option Clean before Next Sample under Cleaning Options for each sample run. MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC system has a characteristic baseline when both cells are clean and filled with water. Repeatable baselines are indicative of clean, well filled cells. Use cleaning solution if cleaning with detergent is not sufficient.
- Refill the three bottles on the solvent reservoir station of the Autosampler: de-ionized water in Solvent Reservoir 1, 20% Contrad™ 70 or 14% Decon™ 90 in Solvent Reservoir 2 and cleaning solution in Solvent Reservoir 3. Both bottles for the rinsing solution should be filled with de-ionized water.
- Every 250 to 300 runs, replace valve needle seal. A software notice will appear when it is time to perform this procedure.
- Every 250 to 300 runs, or sooner if the seal is leaking, replace the syringe plunger. A software notice will appear when it is time to perform this procedure.
- Every 600 to 900 runs, or as needed when the syringe is bent or corroded, replace the syringe.
|Operation||Necessary reagents, parts, and tools|
|Cell cleaning||20% Contrad 70 or 14% Decon 90 Cleaning solution (5% sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and a sodium hypochlorite solution (NaOCl))|
|Replacing the valve needle seal/ Replacing the syringe plunger/ Replacing the syringe||Preventive Maintenance parts kit, KIT190050 Simple hand tools and common laboratory glassware and reagents|
|System verification||MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC RNase Test Kit, 28429062|
Malvern Instruments provides preventive maintenance service and will be happy to discuss the maintenance interval most suitable for your situation. Contact your local representative or find your local contact details here.
For further instructions for maintaining MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC system, refer to:
- MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC System Cleaning instructions
- MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC System User Manual