Regular maintenance by the user of MicroCal Auto-iTC200 is essential for performing high quality experiments and for obtaining high quality results. Cell cleanliness has a significant impact on data quality.
After every run
- Clean the cell with detergent (20% Contrad™ 70 or 14% Decon™ 90 in deionized water) using the Plates automation method or any method using the Detergent Clean cell cleaning script after every run (see the section: "Cleaning the cell" in the MicroCal Auto-iTC200 System User Manual).
- Perform a rigorous cell cleaning with detergent (20% Contrad 70 or 14% Decon 90 in deionized water), at an elevated temperature, by selecting the Clean Cell button in the System tab or by running an experiment that uses the Plates Clean automation method (see the section: "Cleaning the cell" in the MicroCal Auto-iTC200 System User Manual).
- Refill the reference cell (see the section: "Refilling the reference cell" in the MicroCal Auto-iTC200 System User Manual).
- Every 300 runs, replace the plunger tip (see the section: "Replacing the plunger" tip in the MicroCal Auto-iTC200 System User Manual).
- Inspect the titration syringe carefully for breaks in the glass. Replace the syringe if it shows any sign of damage (see the section: "Replacing and cleaning the titration syringe" in the System User Manual).
- Clean the titration syringe after reverse titrations (protein is loaded into the syringe) or monthly as preventive maintenance (see the section: "Replacing and cleaning the titration syringe" in the System User Manual).
|Operation||Necessary reagents, parts, and tools|
|Cell cleaning||20% Contrad 70 or 14% Decon 90|
|Filling the reference cell||Sample loading syringe, 28428942 (SYN50018P)|
|Replacing the plunger tip||Soft-grip tweezers, 28428966 (TOL50165P) Tip removal tool, 29012502 (TOL021706) Tip insertion tool, 28428964 (TOL25003) Tip, 100ul plunger (pk/5), 28426097 (TIP130010-005)|
|Cleaning the titration syringe||Soft-grip tweezers, 28428966 (TOL50165P) Wire syringe cleaning, 28429013 (WIR020598) Brush .060 IN, 28428967 (TOL501660) Brush .200 IN, 28428968 (TOL501670)|
|System verification||EDTA test kit, Auto-iTC200, 28429064 (KIT020989)|
Malvern Instruments provides Preventive Maintenance service and will be happy to discuss the maintenance interval most suitable to your situation. Contact your local representative or find your local contact details here.