Ana Morfesis Ph.D. joined Malvern Panalytical in 1999. Prior to joining the company Dr. Morfesis carried out applied product development research for PPG Industries. During that time, she also established and managed the PPG Corporate Colloid & Interface Laboratory. She received two research awards at PPG for developing optimal material properties in new products through the understanding of surface chemistry.
She earned her Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, working with Professor Robert L Rowell in light scattering, polymer colloids, emulsions, and interfacial studies.
Dr. Morfesis is customer focussed and enjoys helping Malvern Panalytical clients learn more about light scattering and helping them to succeed in their product development and research needs.
Research & expertise
Dr Morfesis has authored 15 peer-reviewed publications and is the inventor of three US Patents.
She is a member of the American Chemical Society (ACS) and Colloid & Surface Chemistry Division of the ACS. She is a Past Chairman of the Colloid and Surface Chemistry Division of the ACS and a Past National Officer of the American Chemical Society.
American Chemical Society, National Officer, 12 Years.
- Councilor, Division of Colloid & Surface Chemistry, 1998 – 2002
- Secretary General, Macromolecular Secretariat, 1996 & 1997
- Chairman, Division of Colloid & Surface Chemistry, 1996
- Program Chair, Division of Colloid & Surface Chemistry, 1990-1994
1997 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Field of Chemistry, Univ of Massachusetts – Amherst
2000 Cornerstone Award in Chemistry
- Chatham University, Pittsburgh, PA
Follow Dr. Morfesis online: