With the PIXcel1D detector you have a dedicated strip detector for 0D and 1D applications. You can measure up to 255 times faster than with a traditional point detector, without compromising data quality. With no need for cooling water, liquid nitrogen flow, counting gas or time-consuming calibrations it is a cost-effective solution.
With an unrivalled resolution and dynamic range, the PIXcel1D can be used with all of our diffractometers.
From X-ray powder diffraction to high-resolution thin film studies
The PIXcel1D covers a wide range of 1D applications requiring the medium and lower energy radiation wavelengths namely Cu, Co, Fe, Mn, Cr:
- Phase identification and high throughput screening
- Standardless quantification of mixtures of phases
- Refinement of crystal structures
- Phase transitions at non-ambient conditions in combination with our in situ stages
- Residual stress, texture and phase identification of metals and alloys
- Powder diffraction from large unit cell crystals
- Thin film studies.
|Type||PIXcel1D detector with Medipix3|
|Window size||14 mm x 14 mm|
|Efficiency Cu K||>95%|
|99% Linearity range||0 – 6.5 x 109 cps – Overall
0 - 25 x 106 cps - Column
|Energy resolution around Cu K||18%|
|Maximum count rate||Maximum count rate 30 x 109 cps – Overall
120 x 106 cps - Column
|Maximum background||<0.5 cps - Overall|
|Active length||14 mm|
|Smallest step size||0.0016º 2θθ at 240 mm goniometer radius|
|Supported wavelengths||Cu, Co, Fe, Mn, Cr|