One of the main advantages of XRF analysis in comparison to other elemental analytical techniques is the ease of sample preparation, with no need for complex procedures or handling of aggressive acids or other hazardous substances. However, in order to achieve the best of the XRF method, some basic sample preparation procedures must be followed, and the user needs to be attentive to a few very important points.
Anyhow, an analytical result can only be as good as the sample allows for! This webinar will present to its viewers the basic theory and best practices around preparation of various types of samples for XRF. It will also highlight the advantages of borate fusion in comparison to powder pressing, possible for various matrix types.
- November 27 2019 - November 27 2019
10:30 - 11:30
(GMT-05:00) Eastern [US & Canada]
- 이벤트 유형:
- Webinar - Recorded
- 기술 유형:
X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
Alexander Komelkov, MSc & Dr. José Eduardo Gardolinski
- Who should attend?
- Anyone using XRF as an analytical tool or interested to understand the basics of XRF
- Why attend?
- To understand the importance of suitable and reproducible sample preparation methodologies in the XRF analytical chain as well as the consequences of poor procedures
- To gain additional knowledge on the most common procedures for sample preparation
- To achieve a better understanding on how the Borate Fusion Technique can be advantageous in comparison with Pressed Powder Pellets.