Vector Analytics Masterclass 5/6
Liposomes and lipid nanoparticles present a promising alternative to viral delivery vectors for vaccines and therapeutic drugs, with benefits of cell-free production process and capability for rapid upscale. However, a better understanding of their complex structure and behavior in solution is required to control production and to secure designed function and stability on storage.
Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) is a well-established technique to monitor a number of things:
- phase transitions of lipids
- structural transitions of nucleic acids
- their complexes with cationic lipids
- thermal stability of lipid-based delivery vectors
In this webinar, we will discuss how DSC can be used to explore thermally induced structural transitions of the free mRNA and the mRNA-lipid complexes. Sample complexity makes detailed analysis and data interpretation challenges. We will show how a combination of DSC with dynamic light scattering (DLS) can increase the level of insight and reliability of the data interpretation.
About this webinar series
This is the fifth webinar in our “Vector Analytics Masterclass” series. Join us as our team of characterization experts takes you on a deep dive into the methodologies you need for successful vector development. They’ll also show you how to generate robust measurement and help you to understand how adopting a holistic approach to generating data will give you greater confidence in your results. Discover more in our Vector Analytics webinar hub.
- Natalia Markova Ph.D. - Sector Marketing Manager and Subject Matter Expert
Pour en savoir plus
Who should attend?
Scientists and project leaders working on the design, process and formulation development of lipid nanoparticles and liposomes for drug and vaccine delivery.
What will you learn?
- Understand more about the analytical technologies you can use for the characterization of thermal stability of LNP vectors and understand what the techniques can tell you about your LNP sample
- Learn how to analyze specific characteristics of lipid nanoparticles (LNPs)
- Understand the importance of applying orthogonal techniques
- Understand the significance of multiple metrics of thermal stability delivered by DSC and orthogonal techniques for the development of LNPs as drug delivery vectors