Part two: Formulation and Process Development
As drug molecules become increasingly complex, solid form characterization can provide drug development scientists with the insights they need to accelerate the development of new pharmaceutical products.
In this three-part webinar series, experts from Netzsch and Malvern Panalytical will use real-life case studies to show you the analytical techniques that make active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) candidate selection process more productive.
The second webinar in our three-part series explores formulation and process development.
In this session, we will explore stability assessment, demonstrating how thermal and structural solid form analysis methods can be used in a complementary way. Thermal analysis (Differential Scanning Calorimetry, DSC and Thermogravimetric Analysis, TGA) can be used to assess transition temperatures (and respective energies) of drug substances. Structural analysis structural (X-Ray Powder Diffraction, XRPD) will provide details on respective phases and solid forms that appear in response to temperature changes. A similar approach is applied to experiments involving changes in relative humidity values. Even complex behavior, with formation of different (mono-, di-, tetra-, etc.) hydrates can be easily understood through building phase diagrams based on such experiments.
We will also explain why particle size and shape characterization is critical to ensuring robust formulation (with appropriate process parameters) and how this can be achieved.
You will also have the option to ask questions to our experts, Dr Gabriele Kaiser, Dr David Fengas and Dr Natalia Dadivanyan. If this time doesn’t suit you, register for the later session here
Join our upcoming series of "Everything pharmaceutical scientists need to know about solid form characterization"
- Tipo de medición:
Crystal structure determination
- October 28 2021 - October 28 2021
14:30 - 15:30
India Time [Asia]
- Tipo de evento:
- Webinar - Live
X-ray Diffraction (XRD)
Morphologically Directed Raman Spectroscopy (MDRS)
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
What will I learn?
- Expand your knowledge of API characterization
- Learn about stability assessment and get insight on shelf life behavior
- Learn about the influence of particle size and form on formulation properties
- Refresh your knowledge of X-ray diffraction, thermal analysis and particle size and shape characterization methods
- Dr Gabriele Kaiser, Business Field Manager Pharmacy, Cosmetics and Food, Netzsch
- Dr Robert Taylor, Product Technical Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
- Dr Natalia Dadivanyan, Field Application Scientist X-ray Products, Malvern Panalytical
Preguntas más frecuentes
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in formulation and process optimization
- Anyone engaged in stability studies
- Anyone developing pharmaceutical formulations