From scrap merchants to toll refineries. Due to their high value, accurate grading of the precious metal content is critical to ensure every stakeholder receives a fair share for their contribution. When a car reaches the end of life, the convertor is scrapped, and the precious metals are recovered, extracted and refined in a recycling chain comprising several different stakeholders.
At Malvern Panalytical, we created a fast, easy and transparent way to determine the precious metal content in the car convertor. And according to the highest safety standards. Join live our demo-on-your-desk to learn how our Epsilon benchtops, using X-ray fluorescence, offer a simple technique. The method does not require extensive sample preparation or skilled operators with a chemistry background, but in the end the result will be an accurate content determination.
- Michel Zoontjes -Product Manager XRF - Malvern Panalytical
- Youhong Xiao - Application Specialist XRF - Malvern Panalytical
Who should attend?
- Anyone in the catalytic convertor recycling chain who wants to better analyze the materials they trade
- Anyone who is interested in an XRF spectrometer and want to learn more what the systems can offer
What will you learn?
- Get to know what X-ray Fluorescence is and what it can offer
- Learn our solutions to analyze Pd, Pt and Rh in spent automotive catalyst
- Learn the difference between the different Epsilon models
- Learn how straightforward an XRF measurement is