The formulation development of nano-carriers, such as liposomes, requires pharmaceutical scientists to utilize various, in-depth physicochemical characterization techniques to establish and control critical parameters. Full characterization ensures effective and optimal process control and, most importantly, ensures that only safe medicine reach consumers.
This webinar explores Malvern Panalytical’s range of technologies for characterizing liposomes and how to leverage characterization insights for formulation development, optimization, and quality control.
As complex delivery formulations, liposomes are regulated by product-specific guidance from agencies such as the US FDA and ICH. These regulations highlight the importance of physical properties, such as particle size, particle charge, formulation structure, and phase behaviour. We will discuss best practices in following the regulatory guidance.
Finally, we will explore how these technologies can be used to establish critical quality attributes (CQAs) and how to monitor their lifetime development.
Complex drug formulations are becoming ubiquitous in the pharmaceutical industry and knowing how to utilize physicochemical characterization techniques will help you stand out against the competition. We hope you join us for this in-depth discussion on how Malvern Panalytical can help you get ahead.
Ragy Ragheb, Ph.D. - Technical Specialist and Field Application Scientist
Maryam Hussain, Ph.D. Field Application Scientist (Pharma and Food)
- Who should attend?
- Researchers considering requirements for deformulation of a reference listed drug delivery product
- Formulation scientists engaged in developing candidate generic drug product formulations
- Analytical scientists engaged in supporting in vitro bioequivalence studies
- Laboratory managers looking to understand the techniques required to support deformulation and in vitro bioequivalence assessments
- What will you learn?
- Learn the physicochemical properties currently highlighted for in vitro bioequivalence studies of liposomal products as described within FDA and ICH guidelines.
- Discover the full range of analytical measurement methods from Malvern Panalytical for assessing bioequivalence for liposomal delivery systems.
- Understand which analytical techniques aid formulation development, optimization, and quality control of delivery systems.