Analysis of high-resolution X-ray diffraction data
Epitaxy and Smoothfit provides functionality for plotting and analyzing rocking curves, 2-axes scans, reciprocal space maps and wafer maps. The software offers a wealth of key information on thin heteroepitaxial layers, particularly single-crystal and highly textured thin-layer samples, such as mismatch and relaxation, composition and layer thickness.
Epitaxy and Smoothfit's key features
- Fits simulated rocking curves to measured data
- Compensates for instrumental effects, diffuse scattering, statistical noise and peak broadening due to curvature
- Choice of five fitting algorithms: enabling users to tailor the software for unique fitting requirements
- Interactive pane for comparing simulated and measured scans
- Materials can include those with lattice parameter gradients, giving graded profiles of materials like SiGe
- Non-polar a- and m-plane surface orientations of wurzite structures are supported
- Materials can have superlattices, and superlattices within superlattices
- Layers may be partially relaxed with respect to the layer below
- Powerful area graphics helps display and analyze rocking curves and 2-axes scans. A set of rocking curves can be analyzed to create a wafer map.
- Software extracts strain and relaxation, mismatch and composition, radius of curvature, substrate miscut orientation, thickness and superlattice period from peak positions
- The analysis can be fully automated using a command line interface. When controlled by APP (automatic processing program) automation of the whole process from measurement to result is possible.
Epitaxy's key features
Epitaxy features all functions of Epitaxy and Smoothfit except for the automatic fitting.
Simulation is available.
Epitaxy Graphics provides all functions of Epitaxy and Smoothfit except for automatic fitting and simulation.
The extensive materials database contains materials data for use in rocking curve analysis, wafer mapping, simulation and fitting: unit cell parameters, Poisson’s ratios and single crystal stiffness coefficients for all the common cubic semiconductor materials plus hexagonal GaN, AlN and InN. It also includes sapphire and hexagonal SiC (4H or 6H) for use as substrates for hexagonal semiconductors and scattering and absorption parameters for the elements.
4.5a, running under all versions of Micrcosoft Windows from XP to Windows 10.
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) operating system.
- Processor: 2 GHz (or faster) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- Internal memory: 1 Gbyte (2-4 Gbytes for simultaneous analysis of many scans as in screening experiments)
- Free hard disk space: 10 Gbytes (or more) depending on the amount of data and on the reference database(s) to be installed
- Monitor: super VGA monitor (17 inch or more) with a desktop area of 1024*768 pixel or more
The minimum configurations for the supported operating systems are:
Windows XP Professional edition (32-bit)
Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) operating system
Epitaxy packages support data in the XRDML format as well as the old Philips formats (*.dnn and *.xnn).