1. Do I need to prepare the workspace prior to installation?
- All instruments need a power source, and some have additional requirements such as a water supply or waste extraction. Where this the case, we will advise you prior to shipping your instrument.
2. What specialist skills or knowledge are required?
- You don't need any specialist skills or knowledge to perform a Smart Install. Simply follow the instructions provided.
3. Do I need specialist tools or equipment to Smart Install a new instrument?
- For installation of a Mastersizer or Zetasizer system, you will need a computer with internet access in order to view the installation guides. For installation of an Epsilon 1 XRF instrument, you will also need a smartphone or tablet to connect with our support personnel via a secure, augmented reality (AR) platform.
- Everything else you need to install your new instrument will be provided.
4. Who can I reach out to if I have any questions?
- Contact your local Malvern Panalytical office for technical support, or send a message through our contact form.
5. How many people will it take to perform the Smart Install?
- Two or more people are generally required to unpack and move your new instrument into position. Once unboxed and in place, Mastersizer and Zetasizer systems require one person to run through the set-up and verification steps outlined in the video guides. Detailed information about the requirements for each instrument can be found in the online installation guide.
- For installation of an Epsilon 1 XRF instrument, two people are required to run through the set-up and verification process.
6. How long will it take to install the system?
- This varies and will depend on which instrument you are installing. Please refer to the relevant product page for more information.
7. Are there tutorials on how to install Malvern Panalytical systems?
- Yes, online resources are included at no additional cost.
8. What languages are available for the Smart Install guides?
- Matersizer: English, Chinese, Korean, French, German and Japanese
- Zetasizer: English, Chinese, Korean, French, German and Japanese
- Epsilon 1: English, French, German and Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese
9. Can I perform a Smart Installation if I operate in an instrument qualification (IQ) or operational qualification (OQ) environment?
- No, Smart Install is not possible in IQ/OQ settings. In these environments, installation is performed by Malvern Panalytical engineers, who provide comprehensive documentation to satisfy the requirements of the relevant quality management system, global standards and/or country-specific regulations.
10. Will performing a Smart Installation affect my warranty?
- When you opt for Smart Install, an extended 15-month warranty starts on the date your instrument is shipped. The more quickly you get the instrument up and running, the longer your product operates under warranty.
11. Can I purchase an extended warranty with Smart Install?
- Absolutely, just as with any other Malvern Panalytical instrument you can purchase an extended warranty. Speak to your local representative to find out more about extended warranties.