Datum der Aufzeichnung: 22 May 2018
Duration: 01 hours 10 minutes 55 seconds
X-ray Powder Diffractometers are versatile instruments that often come with a variety of optics and accessories that can be exchanged to optimize measurements. While these options provide flexibility, they can also leave one unsure about the best configuration to use. This presentation will teach ways to navigate all of the choices and select the best configuration and measurement parameters to collect powder diffraction data from a variety of samples.
This presentation will:
- review the common optics used for X-ray powder diffraction and discuss their impact on data quality;
- discuss how configuration affects resolution, intensity, beam size, etc;
- identify the most critical criteria for collecting accurate data;
- discuss how different sample types (clinker, mining, chemical, pharmaceutical, advanced materials) place different requirements on measurements;
- discuss strategies for optimizing measurement parameters.