HighScore is the most comprehensive package for the analysis of X-ray powder diffraction data. The latest release 5.1 includes a number of improvements:
- Full support for the new OmniTrust 21 CFR Part 11 compliance solution from Malvern Panalytical.
- Proper modeling of white radiation, absorption edges and K-beta radiation for different anode materials.
- v5.1 is the first 64-bit release, unleashing true analytical power straight to your desktop. It is not affected by the 2GB memory limit imposed by the 32-bit address space.
- A parallel fit option that can be used to refine hundreds or even thousands of similar scans. With this feature, a model can be fit to many scans significantly faster and is especially useful for high-throughput QPA experiments. The reduction in calculation time depends on the number and availability of cores on the PC. For example, improvements of a factor 3 to 7 are observed on a current Intel i5 Notebook with 4 physical cores (i5-8365U CPU @ 1.60GHz).
- Progress is also made in the areas of scripting, isolines plots, labeling of graphs and in the Fourier map display.
XRD2DScan is the Malvern Panalytical software for displaying, processing, and analyzing 2D X-ray diffraction data. Two-dimensional (2D) X-ray diffraction is one of the most appealing techniques for users who are interested in extracting every bit of information about their samples such as phase composition, particle size, crystallinity, stress, defects and crystallographic orientation (texture). The latest version of the software (version 7.0) offers new features such as orientation and crystallite size analysis, image comparison, as well as scripting for easy automation. The application of the software to the characterization of complex anisotropic materials (liquid crystals, polymers, bone, wood, ...) will be illustrated through several examples.
In this workshop, we will demonstrate the most useful new features of HighScore v5.1 and XRD2DScan v7.0 and how to use the two programs in an easy and intuitive way.