Automatic Rietveld refinements for industrial process control
No installation required
In automation projects, RoboRiet runs from a special memory stick and requires no installation. When the executable is started for the first time, a shortcut icon is placed on the desktop. RoboRiet is also put into the auto-start sequence and is automatically running unattended and stand-alone after a reboot of the PC.
RoboRiet is an unobtrusive tray application running in the background. It produces only limited graphic output or no visible output at all. Analysis results are automatically generated and transmitted to a file or a LIMS system.
Automatic processing of new measurements
RoboRiet observes a folder and detects the presence of new measured scan files (with a given size and/or with a given extension, if required) on its own. There is no need to link data collection and processing via batch programs, command lines or other intermediate software. Depending on the file name, RoboRiet automatically selects the proper way of processing each individual scan. Numerical results are stored or transmitted as pre-programmed. RoboRiet even stores a backup of the scan file for documentation or later inspection in case of unexpected results.
Encrypted control files
Crystal structures, refinement strategy, limits and constraints, all input for a Rietveld refinement are stored in an encrypted RoboRiet control file (.rrc). The definition of the output format is stored in the same encrypted file. This guarantees the integrity of the results and ensures that nobody can view, change or copy this information.
RoboRiet runs unattended and stand-alone from a special memory stick. The HighScore Plus software (same version as the RoboRiet version) is required in order to set up and to test the refinements. The scripting feature of HighScore Plus is used to set up the customized reports and cannot be used stand-alone for automation projects.
Designed to support
- USB port: RoboRiet for stand-alone use in automation projects requires a free USB 2 port.
- Operating systems: RoboRiet is designed for the Microsoft Windows XP Professional 32-bit Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems. The Internet Explorer v.6.0 or higher is required to support XRDML files and to view the help system.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit operating system
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
- Internal memory: 1 Gbyte (2-4 Gbytes for simultaneous analysis of many scans as in screening experiments)
- Free hard disk space: 1 Gbyte (or more) depending on the amount of data and on the reference database(s) to be installed
- Monitor: Super VGA monitor (17 inch or more) with a desktop area of 1024*768 pixel or more
The minimum configurations for the supported operating systems are
- Windows XP Professional edition 32-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit operating system