X-Ray diffraction (XRD) technique is an important non-destructive material characterization analytical tool for investigating condensed matter in powder, single crystal and thin ﬁlm forms. From research to production, XRD is an indispensable technique for material characterization providing detailed information about the internal lattice of crystalline substances. In order to creating a platform of XRD data analysis, directed towards young scientists and academicians, Malvern Panalytical is proudly partnering with Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation for free 2 days online workshop by eminent Industrial specialists, Professors and Researchers.
This workshop serves to provide attendees with a good foundation for XRD experiments and analysis. Learn how you can extend your research applications with advanced XRD experiments like non-ambient powder XRD, nanomaterials to thin film research. Our experienced XRD scientists will not only provide practical tips on experimental set up, but also proper sample preparation, to choice of sample holders, to data analysis and interpretation. Look forward to show and tell sessions with experiments conducted on Malvern Panalytical's intelligent Empyrean multi-purpose XRD and Aeris compact XRD. See how the data is analysed and refined using Malvern Panalytical's HighScore software. All registrants may request a free academia license of the new HighScore version 5.0.
To view the recordings of:
- Day 1 morning: Introduction to crystallography, XRD fundamentals on powder XRD including live demo on powerful compact Aeris diffractometer. Click here
- Day 1 afternoon: Advanced XRD applications for thin film and nanomaterials experiments and live demo on intelligent Empyrean. Click here
- Day 2 morning: Data analysis and interpretation - phase identification and quantification. Click here
- Day 2 afternoon: Cutting edge XRD research and data analysis - profile fitting and crystallinity calculation. Click here
Day 1): Theory, applications and XRD experiments
9.30am: Welcome by Dr Latha Devi, KL University
10.00am: Introduction to Malvern Panalytical’s diverse range of materials characterization techniques & tools by Bertrand Floure, Sector Manager, Advanced Materials, Malvern Panalytical
10.45am: Introduction to XRD/crystallography and the importance of good sample preparation for high quality XRD data scans by Dr Mangesh Mahajan, XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
11.30am: (Demo) Powder XRD experiment on the compact yet powerful Aeris XRD by Dr Mangesh Mahajan,XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
2.00pm: Advanced XRD analysis and applications: Thin films and nanomaterials research by Dr Sandeep Nagar, XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
3.15pm: (Demo) Advanced XRD experiments on the intelligent multi-purpose Empyrean series 3 with multi-core optics by Dr Sandeep Nagar, XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
4.00pm: Questions and answers
Dr Latha Devi, KL University
Dr Pranab Mondal, SRM University, AP, India
Dr Sandeep Nagar, XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
Dr Mangesh Mahajan, XRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
Bertrand Floure, Sector Sales Manager, Advanced Material, Malvern Panalytical
Questions les plus fréquentes
Who should attend?
• Researchers involved in materials characterization analysis who want to expand their knowledge in X-ray diffraction
• Scientists engaged in method development for new materials or in supporting root cause analysis investigations in support of product manufacturing
• Users of XRD technique across industries.
Pour en savoir plus
What will I learn?
• Fundamentals of powder X-ray diffraction data collection and analysis
• Advanced XRD applications for nanomaterials to thin film research using high end XRD research techniques like non-ambient, in-situ experiments
• Gain practical tips on good XRD experimental set up including proper sample preparation, to choice of sample holders,
• Tutorial examples by experts on XRD phase quantification, Rietveld analysis, profile fitting and more using the new HighScore version 5.0
• See how experiments are conducted on Malvern Panalytical's intelligent Empyrean multi-purpose XRD and Aeris compact XRD