Date recorded: April 23 2021
X-Ray diffraction (XRD) technique is an important non-destructive material characterization analytical tool for investigating condensed matter in powder, single crystal and thin ﬁlm forms. From research to production, XRD is an indispensable technique for material characterization providing detailed information about the internal lattice of crystalline substances. In order to creating a platform of XRD data analysis, directed towards young scientists and academicians, Malvern Panalytical is proudly partnering with Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation for free 2 days online workshop by eminent Industrial specialists, Professors and Researchers.
This workshop serves to provide attendees with a good foundation for XRD experiments and analysis. Learn how you can extend your research applications with advanced XRD experiments like non-ambient powder XRD, nanomaterials to thin film research. Our experienced XRD scientists will not only provide practical tips on experimental set up, but also proper sample preparation, to choice of sample holders, to data analysis and interpretation. Look forward to show and tell sessions with experiments conducted on Malvern Panalytical's intelligent Empyrean multi-purpose XRD and Aeris compact XRD. See how the data is analysed and refined using Malvern Panalytical's HighScore software. All registrants may request a free academia license of the new HighScore version 5.0.
To view the recordings of:
To view the recordings of:
- Day 1 morning: Introduction to crystallography, XRD fundamentals on powder XRD including live demo on powerful compact Aeris diffractometer. Click here
- Day 1 afternoon: Advanced XRD applications for thin film and nanomaterials experiments and live demo on intelligent Empyrean. Click here
- Day 2 morning: Data analysis and interpretation - phase identification and quantification. Click here
- Day 2 afternoon: Cutting edge XRD research and data analysis - profile fitting and crystallinity calculation.
Day 2): Cutting edge XRD research and data analysis & interpretation
- 9.30am: XRD data analysis using the latest HighScore v5.0: Phase identification by Dr. Mangesh Mahajan/ Dr. Sandeep NagarXRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
- 10.30am: Break
- 10.45am: Phase quantification workflow by Dr. Mangesh Mahajan/ Dr. Sandeep NagarXRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
- 11.45am: Lunch
- 2.00pm: Cutting edge XRD research on perovskites by Dr Pranab Mondal,SRM University, AP, India
- 2.30pm: XRD data analysis continued: profile fitting by Dr. Mangesh Mahajan/ Dr. Sandeep NagarXRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
- 3.15pm: Break
- 3.30pm: XRD data analysis continued calculating crystallite size by Dr. Mangesh Mahajan/ Dr. Sandeep NagarXRD Application Specialist, Malvern Panalytical
- 4.15pm: Questions and answers / Closing remarks
- 4.30pm: End