Features and benefits
Works with OmniTrust: Malvern Panalytical's compliance solution for the regulated environment
The Zetasizer Lab is the perfect entry-level system, offering a wide range of features, including:
- DLS analysis: particle size measurements from 0.3 nm to 10 μm
- Extended size range analysis offers improved accuracy for particle sizes above 1 μm, and indicative results above 10 μm (using ZSU1002 Low Volume Disposable Sizing Cell)
- Zeta potential of nanoparticles and colloids using M3-PALS analysis and constant current zeta mode
- Molecular weight using Static Light Scattering at 90°
- Supports use of Low Volume Disposable Capillary Cell for size measurements in sample volumes as low as 3 μL
- Available in Blue Label and Red Label variants:
- Choose Blue Label for routine sample investigation such as metallic colloids, metal oxides and pigments
- Choose Red Label for more challenging sample types, such as proteins, surfactant solutions and low solid content samples
- On-site upgradeability to either Zetasizer Pro or Zetasizer Ultra models
The Zetasizer Lab can be used for many applications, including:
The Zetasizer Lab is an essential analytical tool for many academic laboratories worldwide, finding use in all applications where particle or molecular size and zeta potential analysis is required. The breadth of applications covered by Zetasizer systems, coupled with tens of thousands of scientific citations, have earned these instruments a central space in many scientific faculties.
Variations in molecule concentration, external temperature, level of agitation and time all impact the stability of biological molecules. Instabilities mainly result in denaturation and aggregation of the molecule through which they can lose their biological function, elicit an immune response and consequently limit its therapeutic viability. Factors affecting therapeutic efficacy and immunogenicity therefore need to be monitored throughout the development pipeline especially at early stages to de-risk the biological drug molecule and limit late-stage failures. The Zetasizer range provides high quality, stability-indicating data for biological drug molecules in a short time frame, enabling this measurement to be implemented throughout the development pipeline.
Food and drink
Zetasizer systems are used to analyze particle size and zeta potential to improve the appearance and taste of foods, drinks and flavorings, and optimize dispersion and emulsion stability to extend product shelf life and improve product performance.
Zetasizer measurements of nanoparticle size distribution, dispersion properties, stability and propensity to aggregate are crucial to the design of new nanomaterials. The very large surface area of such materials may result in novel physical and chemical properties, such as increased catalytic activity, improved solubility or unexpected optical or toxicological behavior.
Paints, inks and coatings
Paint, ink and coating formulations must be stable to keep them in an optimum state over time without change or aggregation. Particle size and zeta potential, measured by the Zetasizer instruments, play important roles in determining a product’s properties, such as dispersibility, color, strength, finish, durability and shelf life.
The correct particle size and zeta potential can help ensure the production of effective therapeutics, delivered safely. Zetasizer systems are used to characterize the stability and quality of dispersions, emulsions and creams, reducing formulation time and speeding new products to market.
Get your new Zetasizer Advance system up and running faster when you choose to smart install.
With comprehensive resources to help you quickly and safely set-up and verify the performance of your new instrument, there’s no need to wait for an engineer to do it for you. What’s more, smart install presents a new training opportunity as you receive full access to exclusive training material.
How does it work?
When you follow the step-by-step video instructions, you could be up and running within 60 minutes of delivery of your new Zetasizer Advance system.
You don't need any specific skills or knowledge to perform a smart install. Simply follow the instructions provided. Everything needed to get started is provided with your new instrument – all you need is an internet connection to access the online training.
Exclusive e-learning content
Resources to get you up and running quickly and with confidence include:
- detailed video guides walk you through installation and set-up
- 15 months' access to the Essentials e-learning course, which is provided at no extra cost
- a comprehensive user manual
Find out more about smart install.