Epsilon 3X in automation
Flexible and safe automation for process control
Historically, the automation of X-ray fluorescence (XRF) instruments has been limited to high-power wavelength dispersive (WD)XRF systems. However, more and more benchtop energy dispersive (ED)XRF spectrometers are sold into production control as cost-effective solutions because of improved performance. Recent advances in Epsilon 3X (ED)XRF spectrometers make them an attractive alternative in automated environments.
The Epsilon 3X automation option is a simple and flexible solution interfacing your existing Epsilon 3 or new Epsilon 3X analyzer to any sample preparation equipment. The flexible sample introduction system is specifically designed to handle a variety of prepared samples coming from a belt, a robot or even from a manual input slide.
Easy to integrate Epsilon 3X
New and existing Epsilon 3X spectrometers (with standard lid only) are easily integrated in the field without any modification necessary to the instrument. You will not void any guarantees or legal conformities by putting your Epsilon 3 unit inside the automation cabinet.
Prepared samples are picked up from a belt and transferred inside the Epsilon 3X instrument in complete safety. The instrument is enclosed in a sealed cabinet for safe operation and protection against dust, making it extremely robust. The interlocked cabinet door protects the operator from moving components during operation.
Flexible sample introduction
Prepared samples can be introduced to the Epsilon 3 instrument in four different ways:
- sample on conveyer belt with surface down
- sample on conveyer belt with surface up (using sample inverter mechanism)
- via robotic arm (located outside the cabinet)
- via manual sample slide (through-wall operation).
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
- Automation of lab processes
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software
Analytical services and calibration materials
- Expert (XRF) analyses services
- Oxides and trace analysis
- Customized calibration materials