Dr. Daniel Lee joined Malvern Panalytical in 2013 as XRD application specialist. Before that, he had spent 5 years researching CIGS thin-film solar cells and All-Solid-State Batteries. The Kyonggi University where he received his Ph.D. under Professor [Young Jin Kim]. His doctoral research mainly focused on elucidating the mechanisms by which local lattice distortions due to substitution processes affect photoluminescence properties. While he also specialized in thin-film glowing and characterization by PVD method and X-ray Diffraction which was evaluated during his MSc. Period. Dr. Daniel Lee has a particular interest and expertise in analyzing batteries with in-operando X-Ray Diffraction during the charge-discharge process.
Dr. Daniel Lee believes that teaching his students/customers or developing new analytical tools will contribute to our company, country, and the world’s science and technology now and in the future.
Research & expertise
He devised a special device for in-operando battery experiments and added a temperature control system for Korean researchers first, and later contributed to becoming a global solution through collaboration with colleagues at the headquarters. (VTEC, VTEC-trans) And he is also putting his energy into helping on-line XRD system development for the steel industry.
Follow Dr. Lee online: LinkedIn
- Structural evolution and photoluminescence of CaAl2O4:Eu2+ epitaxial films on sapphire substrates / IUMRS-ICEM 2010
- Structural and optical properties of CaAl2O4:Eu2+ thin films / Proceedings of the Korea Crystallographic Association Conference Nov. 16 (2007)
- Epitaxial growing and optical characterization of CaAl2O4:Eu2+ films on various sapphire substrates / Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters / Manuscript #ESL-10-2155
- Crystal Structure Refinement of BaCaSiO4:Eu2+/Mn2+ and Its Tunable Luminescence / ECS Volume MA2016-02 (2016)
- Structural Modification and Multiple Photoluminescence of (Ba,Sr)1.3Ca0.7SiO4:Eu2+,Mn2+ / Science of Advanced Materials, Vol.11, Num.11, pp. 1567-1573(7) (2019)
- Crystal structure and variation of luminescence properties of (Ba,Ca)Si7N10:Eu2+ as a function of the Eu and Ca concentration / Optical Materials Express Vol. 4, Issue 6, pp. 1257-1266 (2014)
- Low temperature synthesis of Lu3Al5-xGaxO12:Ce3+,Cr3+ powders using a sol-gel combustion process and its persistent luminescence properties / Optical Materials, 104 (2020) 109944
- Correlation between local lattice distortions and up-/down-conversion luminescence of (Y,Al)NbO4:Yb3+,Er3+ / Ceramics International, 48 (2022) 3985–3992
- Chameleon-like photoluminescence of (Sr,Mg)2Si(O,N)4:Eu2+nitridosilicate phosphors / Optical Materials, 127 (2022) 112241