In recent years, new developments in Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) have resulted in the introduction of Ultra-High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC or UPLC®) for polymer applications. Waters ACQUITY Advanced Polymer Chromatography (APC™) is a breakthrough technology that provides SEC analyses of polymeric materials with higher resolution and higher speed than conventional SEC. The new APC technology involves the use of high efficiency separation columns and a low dispersion flow path, resulting in:
- High-resolution analysis
- Reduced time
- Reduced solvent consumption
- Reduced sample concentration
- Quick mobile phase changeover
Traditionally, the APC system has focused on conventional calibration, meaning it can only generate relative molecular weight information. To obtain comprehensive knowledge of the polymers under analysis, it is necessary to combine the high-resolution APC system with additional advanced detectors. The combination of the Waters APC system with the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL, containing refractive index (RI), UV-Vis photodiode array (UV), light scattering (LS), and differential viscometry detectors, greatly broadens the information attainable from a SEC analysis. Using OMNISEC REVEAL the sample under analysis can now be fully characterized in terms of:
- Absolute molecular weight: without the need for column calibration
- Molecular weight distribution
- Size: hydrodynamic radius across the sample’s entire molecular weight range
- Structure: Mark-Houwink parameters
This presentation will discuss the characterization of block copolymers among others commonly used in medical devices by a Waters ACQUITY APC combined with the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL multi-detector system.
- November 02 2021 - November 02 2021
10:30 - 11:30
Eastern Time [US & Canada]
- Event type:
- Webinar - Live
- OMNISEC system
Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC)
Gel Permeation Chromatography
Food and Beverages
- Guest presented by: Larry Meeker - Application Scientist - Waters Cooperation
- Ragy Ragheb - Application Scientist - Malvern Panalytical
Who should attend?
- Scientists working to characterize macromolecules, oligomers, and polymers.
- Anyone interested in materials characterization by SEC and new technology in the SEC space.
What will you learn?
- Learn about the benefits of combining the Waters ACQUITY APC with the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL
- Learn about high resolution from the Waters ACQUITY APC
- Learn about advanced multi-detection from the Malvern Panalytical OMNISEC REVEAL