Aeris Metals edition
Optimize the steel making process
The Metals edition of Aeris is a benchtop X-ray diffractometer for rapid and reliable analysis of sinter, direct reduced iron and retained austenite. Aeris is fully automatable and can easily be incorporated in industrial production control.
Cost-effective and high-quality metals production
X-ray Diffraction (XRD) is a key technology at every step of the steel making process. It is a valuable tool for rapid and accurate materials characterization of raw and intermediate materials employed in the steel making process (such as iron ore, sinter and direct reduced iron). Application of XRD is also ideal for quality control of the final products as it provides fast and precise quantification of metal phases such as retained austenite.
The Aeris Metals edition is your partner at every stage of the production process, from raw material to the final product
Seamless integration in automation
- The only automatable benchtop diffractometer for high sample throughput
- Aeris can be connected with a belt or a robot for fast and automated sample processing
- The power of combining technologies
- The twin solution, Aeris and Zetium, provides full material characterization by adding information about elemental composition (determined by Zetium) to the phase identification from Aeris.
- Industry standard sample holders tailored to your needs
- • Collection of 51.5 mm sample holders
• 40 mm sample holders
Fast analysis, maximum uptime
Rapid analysis minimizes feedback loops and allows early intervention for process optimization. With Aeris mineralogical information is available within 5 minutes.
Uptime of the analytical equipment is a key for reliable process control. From the ground up, Aeris has been designed for maximum uptime.
Strong and robust
- Rugged design
- The only benchtop XRD instrument with external sample loading for ultimate dust protection of the heart of the instrument.
- Minimum of infrastructural requirements
- No cooling water, no chiller, no compressed air - the only thing you need is a single-phase power socket.
- Compatible with all common industry standards; from LIMS interfacing protocols to various industry-standard sample holders.
An easy touch
With the built-in touch screen your results are always just a few taps away:
1. Place your sample
2. Select measurement program
3. View results
Solutions to maximize the return on your investment
To assure that your instrument remains in top condition and performs on the highest level, Malvern Panalytical offers a wide range of services. Our expertise and support services assure an optimal functioning of your instrument.
Service for a lifetime
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
Adding value to your processes
- Sample preparation development/optimization
- Analytical methodologies
- Turnkey solutions for XRD
- Operations via IQ/OQ/PQ, quality assurance (GLP, ISO17025) or round robins/inter laboratory studies
- Consultancy services
Training and education
- Training on-site or at our competence centers
- Broad range of basic and advanced courses on products, applications and software