Turnkey solution for accurate elemental analysis of cements, clinker, raw meal, limestone, clays and gypsum
For process control of a cement plant the elemental composition of raw materials, raw meal, clinker and cement needs to be measured accurately on a continuous basis. These analyses have direct consequences for production process parameters like feed speeds, kiln temperatures, grinding times etc. Optimizing these parameters minimizes production costs. Moreover, accurate analysis also assures product quality and consistency.
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectroscopy has become an established analytical method for quantifying the elemental composition of cement and cement-related materials. XRF delivers important advantages, such as straightforward sample preparation, accurate and reproducible results and highly automated analysis. XRF reduces measurement times to a matter of minutes and allows routine analysis to be carried out by factory operators.
The CEMOXI Expertise Program
For accurate analysis, certified standards are essential. The CEMOXI standards set, which is produced from and traceable to high-purity chemicals, provides very accurate concentrations. The CEMOXI standards set is suited to a wide variety of materials encountered in cement production. The CEMOXI approach is based on fused beads but can easily serve as reference method against which pressed pellet methods can be validated.
The following elements and concentration ranges are covered:
|Na2O||0 - 1.0|
|MgO||0 - 6.0|
|Al2O3||0 - 10|
|SiO2||0 - 24|
|P2O5||0 - 0.5|
|SO3||0 - 59|
|K2O||0 - 2.0|
|CaO||(0-) 20 - 70|
|TiO2||0 - 1.0|
|Mn2O3||0 - 0.29|
|Fe2O3||0 - 7.0|
|ZnO||0 - 0.25|
|SrO2||0 - 0.7|
If required, the range of elements and concentration ranges can be extended to suit your specific needs. In addition to standards, the CEMOXI solution includes a complete methodology, from sample preparation to quality assurance workflow, to be used in combination with Malvern Panalytical’s XRF systems.
- Suite of CEMOXI calibration samples, drift monitor sample, method setup templates
- 1 kg of flux
- Setup of optimized analysis program and system calibration, enabling best throughput and accurate results
- Setup of methodology validation and calibration maintenance procedure
- Advice on efficient preparation of samples as fused beads, including preparation recipe for CEMOXI; the actual bead preparation can be included as option
- User training and documentation
- Preparation of the beads using the fusion equipment used for routine analysis
- Statistical Process Control for allowing fully automated QA/QC workflows for WD XRF systems*
- Integration of the CEMOXI solution into your standard operating procedures, including documentation and deployment at one or multiple sites
- Tailoring of the CEMOXI standards and Application setup for specific materials
- Certify in-house materials for pressed pellet calibrations, using the CEMOXI approach